• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend v Wycombe 2015 Play-off

If you feel like a nap until the 122nd minute. It was a terrible game of football.

Another chance to air the superb "Last minute. Last minute!" video :-

If you feel like a nap until the 122nd minute. It was a terrible game of football.

I didn't see as a bad game. Barrett and Bolger were excellent in the first 30 minutes because they stopped Wycombe in their dangerous period. we even scored a perfectly good goal in that time.

Anyway you don't go to a play-off final for entertainment, winning is the only thing that matters......The timing, the drama and the penalties......Who needs more than that.

Watched it again, still made the hairs on the back of my neck tingle. Weirdly enough I couldn't remember the penalty takers except Barrett and Bolger and I wasn't even drunk! It was almost like watching them live again. :Happy::Happy::Happy:

^
It's the noise from our end when it hits the net.

Quite deafening!

^
Love that!

I wonder if anyone is gifted enough to splice, synchronise and split-screen those two videos. That would be something.

Every time I see that goal it always reminds me of the huge contribution Jack Payne made. Tracking back and not only winning the ball cleanly but playing it to Weston in the process.... the rest, as they say, is history

True and weird how our cult heroes from that moment are Myles Weston and Joe Pigott that were pretty useless for us apart from Wembley.

The only thing that saves it is Barry Corr played a vital role too. And what a lovely chap he is.

True and weird how our cult heroes from that moment are Myles Weston and Joe Pigott that were pretty useless for us apart from Wembley.

Bit harsh on Pigott, Thought he was good for us that season. However I do agree with you on Weston. He was useless except for that cross.

Bit harsh on Pigott, Thought he was good for us that season. However I do agree with you on Weston. He was useless except for that cross.
I thought he started well but flattered to deceive most of the time. I’m surprised he’s back in League One to be honest but fair play to him for working hard to get another chance.

Despite me not really rating him, I love the guy as much as the next Southend fan for what he did at Wembley!

Scored a decent penalty once if I remember correctly....,Now where was that mmmm

I have the full coverage on file. If anyone still doesn’t have it just PM me an email address and I’ll transfer it

A memory that we should all have forever!!

Back