• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spencer Priors Testimonial

matt1

I know its a long way off yet, but I noticed in a Havens Hospices newsletter that Spencer Priors testimonial is on Friday 1st August at Roots Hall.

Just in case anyone wants to cancel their summer holidays. He is also hosting a gala evening for the charity the day after.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but I guess the current season is more important.....

Any clues as to who the match will be against?

One of his former clubs I hope, preferably Man City!

Whoever it it's against i'llmake sure i go along, Spinner is a proper legend and really deserves it.

There is no mention of who it is against, I'm afraid.

I remember watching a southend team in a testimonial against a bunch of retired england players a few years ago. That was good!

Being the optimist Man City, but then it could be Norwich, Leicester or Cardiff. Or a Blues XI v current blues.

There is no mention of who it is against, I'm afraid.

I remember watching a southend team in a testimonial against a bunch of retired england players a few years ago. That was good!

Wasn't that Tilly's?

I know its a long way off yet, but I noticed in a Havens Hospices newsletter that Spencer Priors testimonial is on Friday 1st August at Roots Hall.

Just in case anyone wants to cancel their summer holidays. He is also hosting a gala evening for the charity the day after.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but I guess the current season is more important.....

Damn why can't it be earlier :madman: as I'm on holiday in Switzerland probably going to catch measles lol, after reading that article on BBC Sport/News

No, it would be better if it was a team of Spinner and his old team-mates from early-90s SUFC vs. the current team. Imagine Benji, Angell, Sammy, Chris Powell and Andy Ansah against the current team. Ooooooh, I think I just messed my pants :D

One for the diary, a nice game for pre season, chance to pay tribute to a true Blues legend.

Back