• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Spinners Testimonial

Spinner Testimonial

Vs Derby on 5th May

£10 Adults
£2 Kids

Apparently it was gonna be Leicester but they wanted all of the executive boxes this time with ashtrays!

Derby? Interesting choice, still will be good to see Nigel Clough at the Hall.

I'll definately go, There's only one Spencer Prior!

5th May, can we get him in the HoF on the same day? He should be eligible as he retired on the last day of the season 2 years ago...

Last edited:
Derby? Interesting choice, still will be godd to see Nigel Clough at the Hall.

I'll definately go, There's only one Spencer Prior!

5th May, can we get him in the HoF on the same day? He should be eligible as he retired on the last day of the season 2 years ago...

great shout!

Shame only one stand open (currently) and would have thought Norwich would have been a better choice (considering his European exploits with them).

Derby have changed so much since Prior left, would any of them give a damn?

Only the main stand to open for this game? What are the club bloody well thinking about? This man is a Southend United legend and with the cheap prices to get in the game should be marketed to ensure we get as many there as possible.

It is like Southend are saying "we promised Spinner this game but there won't be that many there so let's tag it on as an afterthought at the end of the season" - promote the game via all the media, posters in area, websites etc. - make it a nostalgic night, get Freddy, King Kev, Daryll, Stan (maybe) etc. back on the night to play and attempt to get as many people in the Hall that night as possible.

If we could get 7,000 plus for a women's international (with all the ground open) a few years ago, then surely we can do the same for a true 100% nailed on SUFC legend. Talk of only opening one stand has put a damper on the night as soon as it is announced - typical Southend then I suppose.

Is Derby the "glamourous opposition for a friendly" RM alluded to in a recent blog?

I very much doubt it, well I hope not anyways.

I think he was talking about pre-season friendlies as opposed to testimonials.

I think the "glamour" side could well be Villareal. New links with CD Javea, who are strongly linked in with Villareal. Plus, a couple of Villareal big wigs came along to Roots Hall not too long ago as previously mentioned in one of Ron's blogs.

Will defo go to this , Great player , fantastic attitude and a good fella too , used to see him coachnig the youngsters over Deanes school beofre our training sessions and he demanded and got respect from all the lads , if we can't sell 5k for him then will be a crying shame .

Forget Freddie Eastwood , IMO Spinner was the reason we had our brilliant 2 year run of promotion and reached the dissy heights of CCC , what we could do with a leader and a defender like him nowadays !!

Am I alone in thinking an end of season friendly is a bit odd? Surely it's likely to result in a much lower attendance than a pre-season game? I feel sorry for Spinner that the timing of this match will surely result in a lesser crowd than if we'd have had it late July with a few new signings (I am an eternal optimist!!) to check out....

Am I alone in thinking an end of season friendly is a bit odd? Surely it's likely to result in a much lower attendance than a pre-season game? I feel sorry for Spinner that the timing of this match will surely result in a lesser crowd than if we'd have had it late July with a few new signings (I am an eternal optimist!!) to check out....

given his commitments in oz it may be the only time he can do it

Just seen it announced on Sky Sports News. Really have to promote this game as much as possible to give us a chance to get a top class crowd there for the great man.

Shall try and get there, shame that currently only the east stand is open though

Surely there will be enough interest to open more than that? Thoroughly deserved and worthy of the best support we are able to give.

Back