• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spinners view of Tilly

Chris Kamara had a webchat a few days ago and i noticed an interesting answer to this question.

scovic:

Do you think Southend will make automatic promotion or will they only make the playoffs if at all?

chriskamara:

I spoke to Spencer Prior last Saturday, he says that Steve Tilson has got something. Spencer has played for a lot of managers, so when you hear experienced footballers say things like that… He told me they would definitely be in the play-offs.

If he did say that hes foolish nothing is certian in this world and especialy not in football!
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 19 2005,13:00)]If he did say that hes foolish nothing is certian in this world and especialy not in football!
sad.gif
Not at all. I love the positive vibes!!

You can't do right for wrong sometimes, if he was to come out and say that he didn't rate tilly and that we had no chance of promotion, that to me would be foolish.

i think spinner has said the right thing .

Don't get me wrong he is being positive all I am saying is that he thinks its 100% and that is foolish thats why we aint put teams like Notts County to bed!

Isn't it more to do with self belief and the commoradery in the dressing room.

I think its great that Tilson is obviously a motivator of people, its been a long time since this has been the case at Southend

How does Chris Kamara know Spinner? Was this for a proramme or something?

If I spoke to Kamara it wouldn't be long until I wanted to punch his smug face in, the guy's a tit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Jan. 19 2005,14:37)]If I spoke to Kamara it wouldn't be long until I wanted to punch his smug face in, the guy's a tit.
Thats a shame you feel like that. I spoke to Chris Kamara the other day and he thought you were a nice bloke who always had a valid point to make.
tounge.gif

I for one think good on Spinner. Why not let everyone know that you have belief in yourself and the manager.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Jan. 19 2005,14:37)]How does Chris Kamara know Spinner? Was this for a proramme or something?

If I spoke to Kamara it wouldn't be long until I wanted to punch his smug face in, the guy's a tit.
It was a webchat on Skysports.com where anyone could send in questions and he would answer them. Kammy actually knows quite a lot about the lower leagues and is a real football man and seeing as how Spinner has played for quite a lot of clubs i dont find it all surprising that they know each other.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Jan. 19 2005,14:37)]How does Chris Kamara know Spinner?
Chris Kamara knows Spinner very well because they both in a moderately successful Hall and Oates tribute band called 'Maneater'.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Jan. 19 2005,14:37)]How does Chris Kamara know Spinner? Was this for a proramme or something?

Thats a bit harsh I feel, I can only think of him and Jeff Sterling that are football pundits that actually know anything about the lower leagues. I actually find him quite funny and he seems to know his stuff.

Anyways, I feel that this is a good thing. It shows that Southend United must be doing something right if Kammy thinks we will get the play offs. If Spinner is praising Tilly surely that can only be a good thing?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 19 2005,17:27)]Anyways, I feel that this is a good thing. It shows that Southend United must be doing something right if Kammy thinks we will get the play offs. If Spinner is praising Tilly surely that can only be a good thing?
Actually the quote mentioned is from Spinner, however i know from Kammys fornightly column on Skysports.com that he tipped us for the playoffs a little while ago.

I wouldn't say it's overconfidence... if anything, their confidence would have taken a knock over the last two games, and it's up to us as fans to pick the players up, roar them on this Saturday at Mansfield.

But belief... belief in yourself, belief in your manager... can you have too much of that?

rock.gif

Spinner & Kamara were chatting on the pitch for about 10 minutes before the Luton game earlier in the season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 19 2005,18:20)]yes I agree Matt but stating that 'we will be in the playoffs 100%' is foolish!
Not really... we'll all be gutted, Spinner included, if we don't make the play-offs - but I doubt that anyone would use those words as a stick with which to beat Spinner, just because he said to Kamara that he thought we'd definitely make them...

rock.gif

In the Kamara debate, incidentally... I'm a "pro-Kammite".  Certainly as a pundit, at any rate (if not as a manager).  He's an ex-pro, granted; but you get the feeling that he was a fan before he was a pro - and that he's become a fan once again now that he's retired.

Thus, the fact that he's a fan gives him enthuasiasm by the bucket-load, a quality of which so many other bland pundits (e.g. Lawrenson, the miserable hatchet-faced weasel) are in desperate need...

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 19 2005,18:20)]yes I agree Matt but stating that 'we will be in the playoffs 100%' is foolish!
You're right, we all know we're going to win the league!

Spinner should have more confidence than that really, it's a disgrace.

Seriously though, it was said in private, not broadcast in a paper, so it's not stupid at all. If Spinmner came out in the national press and said we're definitely 100% in the playoffs, then ok, but saying it privately to a friend is fine, and an honest opinion. The fact that this has since been repeated to a larger audience is hardly Spinner's fault no, is it?

Back