• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

adwebb16

Coach
Hi guys,

Thought you all might be interested to hear of my exploits over the past months. I'm heading into my final year of my teacher training (Primary Education @ Canterbury Christ Church Uni) it's been a long road but I feel i've finally found my feet in my dream job and this time i mean it!

Part of one of the modules this year allowed us to take part in a placement away from school to a place where learning takes place, this could range from kiddies to adults anywhere you want. I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to head over to Ghana to teach in a small home/school established for children from an area of extreme poverty and give them the opportunity to gain a basic education!
I have travelled across many countries and was keen to wet my whistle in this particular area of Africa, and what an amazing experience it was. Aside from the teaching the founder and only one of two guys that have developed the project have taken on board the unbelievable passion for football and have 4teams set up U17's, 12's, U10's & a girls team. The 17's & 12's both won their leagues & the 10's came second. After school I would coach the U12's team and was able to see them play a few friendlies and these guys are quality players for their age! Just though you might fancy seeing some of the photos below.
Before I went I contacted Southend but was met with no response, because of the hectic build up to leaving I couldn't follow it up, but i'm back on the case and i'm hoping to get some donated kit of any kind and even better a feature in the programme!

Enjoy! (Hope the images work)

25pjuy8.jpg

i1leon.jpg

10xx1d4.jpg

2r45wte.jpg

5mwyg1.jpg

2z3xu91.jpg

28l8exd.jpg

hspaue.jpg

Accra National Stadium (Where Essien & Muntari began their careers;

4rp2ys.jpg

2cp9d87.jpg

Fantastic work Adwebb - lets get those kids signed up now - a few of them might get a start in August !

Not so sure that RM will be too keen on donating shirts though - especially if we still have any of the 'Hi Ho Silver Southend ' ones left :)

Good work mate!

When I went to Ethiopia I emailed the club, and to be fair RM did call me.... however when I tried calling back I got no where! I tried about 5 times!

Luckily there were some very good people on here who donated shirts and there is a Mekele branch of SZ now :)

I noticed there's two wearing Watford and one wearing Ips**t, and two wearing a Manc and Arsewipe top. How did they get the Watford and Ips**t tops? And not Southend?!?!?

For those that are interested!

A wrote a long and clearly inspirational letter to Mr Martin which explained the reason for my trip and for a kind donation, i got a response from the club yesterday and they have offered around 40 kits, a few photo ops and i believe a feature in the matchday programme!

I am absolutly chuffed to bits, a huge huge thanks to the club and can't wait to head down there to pick up the donations and get them over to Ghana!

Watch this space!

That's fantastic Adwebb. I was in Zambia earlier this year and saw at close hand both the poverty and the passion for football. Really interested in your story and well done for following up with the club.

Nice gesture from the club. Well done, and if you see any potential superstars in Ghana, get in there before Arsene Wenger comes sniffing....

For those that are interested!

A wrote a long and clearly inspirational letter to Mr Martin which explained the reason for my trip and for a kind donation, i got a response from the club yesterday and they have offered around 40 kits, a few photo ops and i believe a feature in the matchday programme!

I am absolutly chuffed to bits, a huge huge thanks to the club and can't wait to head down there to pick up the donations and get them over to Ghana!

Watch this space!

Well done adwebb16 and SUFC, great gesture on their behalf.

I wonder if it will be the silver LDV shirts, I hear they still have plenty of them lying about...

I wonder if it will be the silver LDV shirts, I hear they still have plenty of them lying about...

I do believe that it is! I know that the lads out there will be absolutley delighted and i do believe that it will be given to the 18+ team, who are quality.

Back