• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium atmosphere

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Having a meeting tomorrow with Ryan Murrant the newish Marketing Manager at Roots Hall regarding Atmosphere at the hall, just wanted to see if anybody has any ideas or questions they want raising and I will report back.

Having a meeting tomorrow with Ryan Murrant the newish Marketing Manager at Roots Hall regarding Atmosphere at the hall, just wanted to see if anybody has any ideas or questions they want raising and I will report back.

The only thing I have to say that Ryan has impressed me , I have got some friends to come to the game on Saturday , and one of them is a Six year old, and its his first game....ever anywhere

I emailed the club yesterday , asking if he could get the boys name up on the scoreboard to welcome him,

In the early evening , Ryan phoned me and offered a small tour, and the chance for Williams to sit in the dugout , watch the warm up and then go back to our seats

I didnt ask for this, he offered it freely , and has been more than helpful...

We are very quick to judge the club, but this , as far as I am concerned ,Ryan is above and beyond, long may it continue!!!!

The only thing I have to say that Ryan has impressed me , I have got some friends to come to the game on Saturday , and one of them is a Six year old, and its his first game....ever anywhere

I emailed the club yesterday , asking if he could get the boys name up on the scoreboard to welcome him,

In the early evening , Ryan phoned me and offered a small tour, and the chance for Williams to sit in the dugout , watch the warm up and then go back to our seats

I didnt ask for this, he offered it freely , and has been more than helpful...

We are very quick to judge the club, but this , as far as I am concerned ,Ryan is above and beyond, long may it continue!!!!

that is simply brilliant ! Actually I would say its worth posting in a new thread where more will read it ---- its good to share good news and give credit where it is due

probably more difficult than it sounds, but sweep away water from behind the West stand when it chucks it down . The last evening match IIRC . and it was a swamp for anyone coming out of the V/W entrance.
More staff in West stand shop

ps-- For this Saturday why not have a Pop up shop outside the entrance to the west stand- even if its just scarfs and hats . I bet there will be parents coming for the first time who will buy stuff, but wont bother to go via the club shop as it is out of the way ---- may be worth giving a go

Some form of cheaper beer before match kick off? You've got people coming into the ground, so encourage them into the bar before!

So many of the seats need a good clean. Can they not get the YTS lads to do it. I cant sit down half the time as the seats are so dusty.

Why not sell bottled beer at a separate counter and for say £2.50 a bottle. Really fast turn around as so messing with change and people will drink more. I cant be arsed to queue half the time for a beer.

Improve the food and catering in general.

I haven't eaten at half-time at Roots Hall for years coz the burgers are so god-damn awful. All regular fans know this and will avoid even if they're hungry. Most other clubs in the country manage this and some of the best food I've had at away games is from clubs with a non-league background like Stevenage.

It also annoys me being charged full-pint prices for a beer and then having a bottle poured out into a plastic cup, often so fast by the bar maid that half the glass is froth. So 1/4 of a pint for £4 is ridiculous.

Like others have said, there are plenty of people who like a beer and some food when they go to football but at the moment people are choosing The Spread and The Fish House over getting these things in the ground. Make improvements here and their matchday income will be much better.

Improve the food and catering in general.

I haven't eaten at half-time at Roots Hall for years coz the burgers are so god-damn awful. All regular fans know this and will avoid even if they're hungry. Most other clubs in the country manage this and some of the best food I've had at away games is from clubs with a non-league background like Stevenage.

It also annoys me being charged full-pint prices for a beer and then having a bottle poured out into a plastic cup, often so fast by the bar maid that half the glass is froth. So 1/4 of a pint for £4 is ridiculous.

Like others have said, there are plenty of people who like a beer and some food when they go to football but at the moment people are choosing The Spread and The Fish House over getting these things in the ground. Make improvements here and their matchday income will be much better.

You get used to em after a while...

So many of the seats need a good clean. Can they not get the YTS lads to do it. I cant sit down half the time as the seats are so dusty.

Why not sell bottled beer at a separate counter and for say £2.50 a bottle. Really fast turn around as so messing with change and people will drink more. I cant be arsed to queue half the time for a beer.

I have never understood why we dont pre-pour pints for half time. when you go to other sporting events, like a day out at lords, the bar staff get pints ready before lunch and tea so when the big crowds come to the bar they turn around the customers quickly

I have thought for ages that the bars should have a separate window/sales place just for purchasing of pints of beer or lager which can be "conveyor belt" out rather than having to wait for the "G&T, coke, half of shandy, another coke, two packs of crisps and a coke" that one buyer spends 5 minutes getting served with.

Can they try a game without the PA (except for reading out the teams)?

I think the atmosphere would be better if the Blue Voice weren't competing against the PA.

It's not as if playing crappy music over a tinny tannoy in anyway improves the match day experience anyway.

Can they try a game without the PA (except for reading out the teams)?

I think the atmosphere would be better if the Blue Voice weren't competing against the PA.

It's not as if playing crappy music over a tinny tannoy in anyway improves the match day experience anyway.

We should stop playing the music due to the fact we never pay our bill for royalties to PRS, oh well why should they be any different from anyone else

I have thought for ages that the bars should have a separate window/sales place just for purchasing of pints of beer or lager which can be "conveyor belt" out rather than having to wait for the "G&T, coke, half of shandy, another coke, two packs of crisps and a coke" that one buyer spends 5 minutes getting served with.

Exactly.When you watch football on the continent a lot of the clubs I have been to have a beer window. Simple prices that multiply up nice and easy and fast turn around. If you want a tarts drink queue up with the old boys.

I think we need to make sure that noise spreads from the North Bank round to the West and we get people in the West (especially kids) involved by handing out balloons, streamers etc in other places than just the far side of the North. Big crowds like this often tend to make the atmosphere worse due to all the non-regulars, and whilst we can guarantee lots of noise from the North we need to make sure that everyone else feels the benefit.

And can we at least reduce the volume of music before the game and after goals, it just kills any atmosphere TBV try to create.

I have never understood why we dont pre-pour pints for half time. when you go to other sporting events, like a day out at lords, the bar staff get pints ready before lunch and tea so when the big crowds come to the bar they turn around the customers quickly

They do in the East.
If you order and pay for a pint before kick off , it's ready for you at half time.

Back