• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadium Plan Issues / Ron on the OS

leeblue

Members⭐
ron on the os

sorry dont know how to do link thing but ron states that the two issues that the gov want sorting should only take a matter of days, sorry if already posted elsewhere

I still don't get why Sainsbury's want two stores within about a third of a mile of each other.

Who knows?..

"The plans for Roots Hall have been improved and contracts exchanged with Sainsbury's and those funds will be used to construct the new stadium"

:clap:

So it will be the......

Sainsbury Stadium..........great

After reading Ron's comments on the official site yesterday he said something about the plans being accepted subject to a couple of small issues being resolved. Ron gave the impression that these things are a mere formality to sort out.

Does anyone know a bit more about this coz I dont wanna get too excited if it could still go t*ts up.

Been posted severaltimes already.

1. Land next to access road has a query regarding ownership.

2. They want assurances on affordable housing.

Minor issues according to Ron Martin that can be resolved within days...

Affordable housing - I am guessing they just need to liase with the council and architects and revise say 5 of the 3 bedroom flats into say 8 x 1 bedroom acommodation.

Strip of land regarding access - all depends on whereabouts on the site this is I'm guessing (presumably Eastern Avenue side). Didn't somebody say a few months ago that it was known Ron had been trying to buy up (or at least negogiate a price for) extra pieces of land

Affordable housing - I am guessing they just need to liase with the council and architects and revise say 5 of the 3 bedroom flats into say 8 x 1 bedroom acommodation.

Strip of land regarding access - all depends on whereabouts on the site this is I'm guessing (presumably Eastern Avenue side). Didn't somebody say a few months ago that it was known Ron had been trying to buy up (or at least negogiate a price for) extra pieces of land

Ron said. ......"There are a couple of small issues to resolve,But they can be sorted out with a legal agreement".

Baring in mind the size of the whole project ...these two minor issues will not hold back the build....It will be started this Summer......:)

From what ive read in the echo, it appears the affordable housing wont be situated at FF, but elsewhere within the borough..

The affordable housing will be sited at RH. We just need to state this in a legal agreement that if RH was to get called in and rejected the affordable housing would be at FF.

Likewise with the access road to the new training ground, there are two possible locations we have identified and it just needs clearer clarification on which one will be the access road.

The affordable housing will be sited at RH. We just need to state this in a legal agreement that if RH was to get called in and rejected the affordable housing would be at FF.

Likewise with the access road to the new training ground, there are two possible locations we have identified and it just needs clearer clarification on which one will be the access road.

I asked this question on another thread, but can we officially begin work at the site without this being resolved?

Also, the date in May for final approval, is there anyway that the approval may not be given? Or is it a formality too?

Last edited:

Nice one, Dave. That does sound pretty straightforward, provided we've got agreements in principle with the onwers of the land on which the access road will be located.

Matt

Been posted severaltimes already.

1. Land next to access road has a query regarding ownership.

2. They want assurances on affordable housing.

Minor issues according to Ron Martin that can be resolved within days...

I have done the finance on a few developments in the past and if you are building over 9 units then I think you will find you can required by law to allocate 10% of youer development to social housing if there is demmand for it in your area.

Sure RM will know this I am sure but I think something along these lines may be the second issue which is easy to sort.

Did anyone hear the woman who phoned in this morning to BBC Essex, (she lives in one of the houses adjacent) She was livid at the green light!

Hope she isnt the land owner!

Did anyone hear the woman who phoned in this morning to BBC Essex, (she lives in one of the houses adjacent) She was livid at the green light!

I wouldnt be happy if Id bought a house and a huge development got plonked next door either :)
However that area was always going to be developed at some point.

I know a old lady who lives just by the roundabout and she is against it too.

The fact she is 78 and rarely leaves her house so it wont actually affect her seems to have been missed though !

Sorry if this has been covered but:

1. If RH does get called in, does that halt the progress of FF?
2. At what point do the diggers get going at FF?

Back