• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadium Plan Issues / Ron on the OS

I have done the finance on a few developments in the past and if you are building over 9 units then I think you will find you can required by law to allocate 10% of youer development to social housing if there is demmand for it in your area.

Sure RM will know this I am sure but I think something along these lines may be the second issue which is easy to sort.

Its called a section 106

Sorry if this has been covered but:

1. If RH does get called in, does that halt the progress of FF?
2. At what point do the diggers get going at FF?

Depends what type of contractual route the Club are taking. If it is a design and build contract (how most stadia are constructed these days), then there is nothing stopping the works starting on site asap, but in this instance, the Club will need to respond to the planning questions before taking any further action.

As stated on previous threads, once theses questions have been answered, the job can be put out to tender.

Could then be perhaps 3-4 months before a contractor is ready to start on site. That takes us to around August/September 2008.

I didn't think ownership of land had anything to do with planning permission - is the govt meddling in things it has no jurisdtiction on?

I didn't think ownership of land had anything to do with planning permission - is the govt meddling in things it has no jurisdtiction on?

Well yes, if you are proposing to build on land which is not in your ownership, then planning will be particularly interested when it comes to putting in an application!

Well yes, if you are proposing to build on land which is not in your ownership, then planning will be particularly interested when it comes to putting in an application!

You don't have to own land/building to put in a planning application for it. If someone wanted to they could apply to turn 10 Downing St into a refuse tip!

You don't have to own land/building to put in a planning application for it. If someone wanted to they could apply to turn 10 Downing St into a refuse tip!

Indeed, but it will obviously get rejected. If the land is not in your ownership then you need a legal agreement to use it for the intended use.

Indeed, but it will obviously get rejected. If the land is not in your ownership then you need a legal agreement to use it for the intended use.

You don't need any legal agreement for planning permission to be granted on land you don't own. To actually build what you have planning permission for you would have to have agreement with the land owner - but that would be a legal not planning matter.

You don't need any legal agreement for planning permission to be granted on land you don't own. To actually build what you have planning permission for you would have to have agreement with the land owner - but that would be a legal not planning matter.

Im pretty sure that is what I just said. I agree you can obtain planning permission, but it would be worthless, as you would need to have a legal agreement in place to then carry out those works. This is why some projects such as stadia usually get held up when it comes to Section 278 works, which apply to linking into existing highways. You may sometimes be encroaching onto an adjoining landowners land to actually engineer a solution to construct a road to link up with an existing highway. This could well be the case with one of the planning obligations outstanding at FF.

Im pretty sure that is what I just said. I agree you can obtain planning permission, but it would be worthless, as you would need to have a legal agreement in place to then carry out those works. This is why some projects such as stadia usually get held up when it comes to Section 278 works, which apply to linking into existing highways. You may sometimes be encroaching onto an adjoining landowners land to actually engineer a solution to construct a road to link up with an existing highway. This could well be the case with one of the planning obligations outstanding at FF.

What I'm saying is don't see why the ownership of land is holding up planning permission as I didn't think ownership of land was a planning matter.

What I'm saying is don't see why the ownership of land is holding up planning permission as I didn't think ownership of land was a planning matter.

I can only imagine it is land which the Club is encroaching onto due to some form of access road. If this is the case, it is obviously quite key to the existing design. If an agreement cannot be reached with the adjoining landowner, then the Club may have to re-design the road scheme, which would then need to be approved by planning again.

I can only imagine it is land which the Club is encroaching onto due to some form of access road. If this is the case, it is obviously quite key to the existing design. If an agreement cannot be reached with the adjoining landowner, then the Club may have to re-design the road scheme, which would then need to be approved by planning again.

From a brief reading of the decision, it is to do with the access road and the government are not satisfied that the scheme would be acceptable in highways terms without the club owning or having control of the land in question. Therefore, they need a legal assurance by way of planning obligation that the necessary works can be carried out.

Did anyone hear the woman who phoned in this morning to BBC Essex, (she lives in one of the houses adjacent) She was livid at the green light!

Hope she isnt the land owner!

There were some more Sutton residents on BBC Essex at lunchtime a few were actually in favour of the new ground. The ones that were against it admited there was no way they could stop the developments, but just want some assurances that they will be affected as little as possible, fair enough.

One of the residents called the Southend fans a 'Mob' and he was scared to speak out against the plans at the council meetings.

One of the residents called the Southend fans a 'Mob' and he was scared to speak out against the plans at the council meetings.

Whatever. In other words, he couldn't be bothered to object and relied on a belief that others would object to it and the plans would be turned down.

Perhaps he should go and live near West Ham or Milwall's ground, then he'd see some proper unruly mobs :p

Back