• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

russsufc

So does anyone know if southend have put a tender out for the new stadium building work?

The keys for our new Amex stadium will be handed over in less then two weeks time. I'm buzzing about the thought of Championship football to kick off at our new home.

Bring on the Hammers.

So does anyone know if southend have put a tender out for the new stadium building work?

I thought at the AGM a date of mid-July was quoted by RM as being the date for the tender. Mind you I think that is dependant on all the shops on Vic Avenue being sorted by then?

I thought he said it would go out to tender early may with the decision being made in july then a start date shortly after!!

Absolutely pointless going out to tender now - the risk is way too large until the CPOs are resolved. Any price received now would be dependent upon a start shortly thereafter. Once the CPO position is more secure, expect the tender process to take anywhere up to 3 months.

Absolutely pointless going out to tender now - the risk is way too large until the CPOs are resolved. Any price received now would be dependent upon a start shortly thereafter. Once the CPO position is more secure, expect the tender process to take anywhere up to 3 months.

Based upon the tender taking three months + what is the earliest we could expect to start Sherif?

well at least we know it wont be a summer start!! Im sure Big Ron said the stadium would start in the summer!!

Based upon the tender taking three months + what is the earliest we could expect to start Sherif?

By no means quote me on this mate, but let's assume the CPO situation is resolved by the end of this year, if sufficient progress were being made, Ron/Tara could take a punt and start the tender process in September, assess the results and select a Contractor by the start of December. On the basis that they start shortly thereafter, probably allow 15 months for the (stadium) construction, so, in theory, you could be in FF by the start of season 2013/2014. That means 2 more seasons at RH.

I thought he said it would go out to tender early may with the decision being made in july then a start date shortly after!!

That's exactly what he said. You didn't believe him did you?

By no means quote me on this mate, but let's assume the CPO situation is resolved by the end of this year, if sufficient progress were being made, Ron/Tara could take a punt and start the tender process in September, assess the results and select a Contractor by the start of December. On the basis that they start shortly thereafter, probably allow 15 months for the (stadium) construction, so, in theory, you could be in FF by the start of season 2013/2014. That means 2 more seasons at RH.
And to think the club still trying to sell those Roots Hall 'legacy' t-shirts. They were due to be manufactured this Summer. What is the point of having a legacy T-shirt now when we will still be playing at Roots Hall for at least another 2 to 3 years.
Oh well I'm sure the people that have splashed out £150 on these won't mind either way.

Back