• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadium to be completed by the end of the season?

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
In todays echo ron states and i quote.

The stadium will be completed at the end of next season.

Does he mean this coming season?

Thats just over 12 months.

He said the other day that it was a 20 month build time so I'm guessing he means next season not this coming one! Unless of course he has also invented a time machine(maybe that's where the Eastwood money went!)

He said the other day that it was a 20 month build time so I'm guessing he means next season not this coming one! Unless of course he has also invented a time machine(maybe that's where the Eastwood money went!)

Didn't realise Bentley made car-shaped time machines

(that was a joke by the way! :net:)

I just remembered something that Ron martin said, that we might have to put up with having three sides for a while.
I hope not.
I would like to see one side to be honest though...

I just remembered something that Ron martin said, that we might have to put up with having three sides for a while.
I hope not.

Yeah i heard this somewhere too .. build 3 sides to allow us to play there and finish the 4th at a later date, ALA Huddersfield, Blackpool, Oxford

No, but maybe we will have an end to a stand were we can wave across the gap to each other.

Its like asking murphy to **** in the corner of a barrell.

I seem to remember reading that Ron said he thought about moving in mid build but decided against that idea

I think what was mentioned was something along the lines of 4 sides will be built, but 1 side (Main Stand) will not be fully operational in terms of Hotel, Restaurant and Conference Facilities initially.

Until i see workmen and heavy plant on site i wont beleive it anyway.

People will undoubtedly get excited if and when it gets fenced off , but a fence is jus a fence it doesnt prove anything.

Builders with heavy plant and steel structure materials is another thing entirely.

I see brightons new ground is two thirds built. Cant wait until our is nearing completion, although starting it would be nice aswell.

No, but maybe we will have an end to a stand were we can wave across the gap to each other.

Its like asking murphy to **** in the corner of a barrell.

I seem to remember reading that Ron said he thought about moving in mid build but decided against that idea

Except he isn't fully in charge of steering this anymore is he .. the future's bright, the futures orange

Maybe, just maybe we'll have no choice but to play in an unfinished stadium

Which is fine as long as it gets finished.

Oxford and Blckpool spring to mind as two that got underway and didnt get completed although im sure now that blackpool are in the prem they will finish and upgrade.

Which is fine as long as it gets finished.

Oxford and Blckpool spring to mind as two that got underway and didnt get completed although im sure now that blackpool are in the prem they will finish and upgrade.

I seem to recall Blackpool chairman Karl Oysten commenting the day after promotion that even if they finish Bloomfield Road in the style that 3/4 of it is then it won't be big enough for the prem so we are already seeking alternative land where we can build a new stadium ... jeez what is wrong with these guys .. one sniff of the cesspit that is the premier$hite and they seem to lose their minds !!!

I seem to recall Blackpool chairman Karl Oysten commenting the day after promotion that even if they finish Bloomfield Road in the style that 3/4 of it is then it won't be big enough for the prem so we are already seeking alternative land where we can build a new stadium ... jeez what is wrong with these guys .. one sniff of the cesspit that is the premier$hite and they seem to lose their minds !!!

Oystens and sniffing seems to be a common trend.....

I hope not.

Sure he didnt mean we might have to put up with three aside for a month.

Think you will find Ron ment that it would probably open with 3 sides completed, while the Main Stand, with Hotel, Restaurants, Corporate Facilities etc, would completed and fitted out after we moved.

Back