• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Stan Collymore keen to come to the rescue of Southend United

Sad to say a pointless story. I am not sure Stan has the £50 million or so needed to make this happen. But it's nice to see a comforting face wishing us well.

Great to hear this from Stan and a nice thought. Sadly, unlikely to be a realistic one though.

Ron is just holding the club prisoner, waiting for fossets to happen, once it does he will sell faster than his credibility as going guarantor on your mortgage

Ron has been approached before regards to investment help and sale of the club. He rejected those conversations. I know this for a fact.
Are you able to contact the people who offered to see if they are still interested?

Utter nonsense from a player who is held in too high a regard on these pages. Not what I needed to hear first thing this morning.

I wonder if Frank Van Wezel would buy out the Chairman and take over the club.

I totally agree with Yogi on this. I doubt if one person has the money or inclination to buy the club outright even after FF is completed. Even after the completion Ron is not going to give it away. So the likely outcome is a consortium. I'd be happy for Stan to be part of that.

I got to know Stan well after he left Southend, starting when he was on loan at Fulham.
Agreed, it's unlikely to happen, but it says loads about the bloke's love for the club: he really does care.
He once said, that although short was his stay it was the happiest he'd ever been in football - even playing for England!
My mate too has special affection for the club, and it's some kind of solace two of its biggest supporters are recent internationals.
They certainly gave a lot more, and I'm not talking just talent, than some of the spineless bunch that's turned up in recent seasons.

Back