• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Stan Collymore Zoom meeting, Thursday 21st October, 7-8pm

Evening folks!

At @StanleyVictorCollymore's request, Save Our Southend has arranged a Zoom call tomorrow (Thursday) night 7-8pm. for him to engage with supporters. Zoom will allow a maximum of 1,000 people into the meeting, so we will run on a “first come, first served” basis. The meeting will be recorded in full and then uploaded to the Save Our Southend YouTube account unedited within a couple of hours for those who can’t make be there live.

Stan would like to speak for around 15 minutes, before answering some questions for the rest of the scheduled time. He has asked for questions to be sent in beforehand and he will ask for some himself via a separate ShrimperZone post, but we will collate any that have been left on Facebook and Twitter too. Due to time constraints and overlapping questions, not all of them will be asked, but the aim is to get as broad a range of them as possible. It is up to Stan whether he would like to open the floor to some live questions from the room, but this might be difficult with hundreds of people in there so no guarantees.

The meeting link has been set-up and will be shared with fans on ShrimperZone and through the Save Our Southend social media accounts at around 6.50pm. Clicking on the link will take you into a waiting room until you are admitted by the Host. When entering the meeting room, everybody will be automatically muted or will be muted by the Host in order to reduce background noise and interference.

Technology and Troubleshooting

Zoom is much easier to use and will do things automatically if you have the app on your phone/tablet/laptop, and if you are signed into your account before clicking on the meeting link. However, if you are not familiar with Zoom then all is not lost! You can join the meeting through your internet browser:
  • Click on the meeting link when it is published, which will take you to the Zoom website.
  • Ignore any prompts or pop-ups asking you to install Zoom Meetings. Instead, click on the blue ‘Launch Meeting’ button. This should bring up the message “Having issues with Zoom client? Join From Your Browser” towards the bottom of the page.
  • “Join From Your Browser” is a link and if you click on it, it will take you to the Join Meeting page, where you can enter your name and click the ‘Join’ button to enter the waiting room.
Let us know if you have any concerns or technological issues and we will try our best to help.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been asked but, I won’t be able to attend the meeting live.. will it be recorded and uploaded on here etc to view afterwards?

I can't make it tomorrow (slap bang in the middle of my two kids bedtime routine) but will watch the video when it's uploaded.

I'm sure it will put mentioned but can someone raise just how grateful I/we are for Stan getting involved. Also the next obvious question, any role for Stan or is he going to step back for a bit to let the new coaching team bed in?

Oh damm
I am out vaccinating all day/ early evening tomorrow
Please tell me it will be available to watch later

Sorry if this has already been asked but, I won’t be able to attend the meeting live.. will it be recorded and uploaded on here etc to view afterwards?
Yes it will be mate, soon as it’s done I will begin the upload process to our YouTube account and it will be up within a couple of hours of the meeting

Back