• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There is an article currently on the Club Official site which gives Southend supporters a link to an EFL survey site on standing preferences at football matches, and thus Roots Hall.

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2018/april/stand-up-for-choice/

If you are interested give it a go, it doesn't take long.

Even if you don't want to stand at football matches support this initiative anyway. It's all about choice. If those who want to stand are in a safe standing area, they won't be standing in front of you!

I completed mine.
Personally, I now prefer to sit but fully support those that would like a dedicated area to stand as many moons ago when I was a lot younger I enjoyed standing at games.

Sorry, not completing that survey, asks to may personal explicit questions. :nope:

Got to think about online security.

I've answered it. I get the feeling that the way they've put that survey together it's going to sound like the majority are indifferent to the whole thing.

Is this survey more about Premier League clubs offering it. Places like Morcombe, Accrington, Yeovil, AFC Wimbledon etc all have standing for some of their main stands and you usually get a choice of seating or standing.

I've answered it. I get the feeling that the way they've put that survey together it's going to sound like the majority are indifferent to the whole thing.

I agree - it’s that question about “would it make you more likely to attend games?” - for a lot of us, we’d go every week regardless, but having the choice to stand or sit would just make your match day atmosphere better.

I agree - it’s that question about “would it make you more likely to attend games?” - for a lot of us, we’d go every week regardless, but having the choice to stand or sit would just make your match day atmosphere better.

It would certainly encourage more people on the day. There has been numerous times the extra man has decided against it because he can't sit with his mates at RH.

It would certainly encourage more people on the day. There has been numerous times the extra man has decided against it because he can't sit with his mates at RH.

But safe standing would still mean an allocated spot in the ground wouldn't it? So not much different to 'normal' seating in that respect.

I'm all for choice here - when I go with my children seating suits us best but on the occasions when I'm going with mates and having a few drinks, standing is far preferable.

Done!

There was also a parliament petition going around regarding safe standing and as it received over 100,000 votes it will be debated in parliament mid June!

Back