• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

stand up for Sir Steve and the Souhend players

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
and Paul Brush ....

In his Gillingham preview Sir Steve praised the players performances despite
"the situation with their wages."

So there you are a young professional looking at a 50-50 ball in a midfield league One battle where there are nasty old challengesa going on .... and the moneys not in your account when it should be -

Can't say I have ever seen a Southend player shirk it - absolutele a credit to the shirt -

Easy to get cynical with envy about well paid young ssportsman but I think the way they have conducted themselves has been superb and sort of proves its not all about the money - theres is another set of values in football that matter -

I guess last Friday night at RH proved it for me -

COME ON SOUTHEND

Agree RB
maybe its late and ive had a couple, but felt really proud about watching both tilly and frannos interviews, yes in reality our squad isnt as strong as it has been over recent years but i still feel theres a spirit about us thats impressive given recent events.

I found tillys interview to be uplifting, totally candid about the reality of our position, yet still up for the challenge, to most of us hes already a legend, but the prospect of bringing SUFC through all of this and onto bigger and brighter things, seems to still be his priority,
i think this really hit home when the whole tilly and brush to brighton thread appeared, oddly enough to me that prospect felt much more damaging then administration,
felt the part about the youth team was quite revealing, those guys will never got a better chance to make themselves local heroes and first team players, makes you wonder if there contracts should just be cancelled if they are truly that far from the 1st team!

anyway!! UTB and win lose or draw vs gillingham, if they go out and give 100%, for now thats really all we can ask.:support:

Well said, have said similar myself recently - the commitment has not been missing from anyone as far as I can see.

Quality work from them all. I would give them much applause if I was around to, they've done themselves proud.

Quality work from them all. I would give them much applause if I was around to, they've done themselves proud.

Absolutley here bloody here.The players have been quite magnificent during this period where they haven't been paid and didn't know from one week to the next whether they would have a job.
So message to fans. Next time a player doesn't quite make a pinpoint pass or makes a mistake, instead of booing them how about cheering them and thanking them for all their efforts. Mention also to the other club staff who have had the threat of redundancy hanging over them but have carried on doing their jobs, hats off to all of you.

Absolutley here bloody here.The players have been quite magnificent during this period where they haven't been paid and didn't know from one week to the next whether they would have a job.
So message to fans. Next time a player doesn't quite make a pinpoint pass or makes a mistake, instead of booing them how about cheering them and thanking them for all their efforts. Mention also to the other club staff who have had the threat of redundancy hanging over them but have carried on doing their jobs, hats off to all of you.

Spot on, again, something I've advocated time and time again and where the "support" not abuse thing comes in.

Spot on, again, something I've advocated time and time again and where the "support" not abuse thing comes in.

Whatever you think about the current situation for me there can be no excuse for not getting behind the players, and i speak as someone who spent two years shouting nothing but encouragement at Tommy Black.

We may have a very small squad at this club, but I think that we are very lucky to have the squad we have all the same, for these very reasons

Back