• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just to resurrect an old dinosaur but I know that many people are still miffed at Roots Hall being an all seater stadium and that the North Bank is resigned to the annals of history.

However a focus group has been set up to challenge all seater stadiums and to present a petition to the powers that be to rethink the whole idea. In particular they are attempting to allow all grounds to include a standing area.

I'd be grateful if people would look at the following website and if they are in agreement with the sentiments then sign the petition.

Stand up sit down

Great idea but it's too late for the North Stand. Efforts should be directed towards the new stadium at FF (if it ever appears) although RM told me personally a couple of years ago that terracing would not be included in the plans.

WS

Probably. Although Rushden managed it, didn't they?

WS

Can't remember Rushdens ground! Too delirious with Lawrie running them ragged! Erm was it terracing?! Not sure!

Their home end is terracing. Mind you, it was built when they graced the Old Pepsi Challenge Funk-U-Like League so rules might be different ...

WS

I woulda thought possibly the criteria changes! But then again if C********r are allowed that shed in League 1 then who knows whats allowed! Personally I feel terracing adds to the atmosphere, you can stand with other fans and sing, and what harm does it do?

I like standing its great, but im also happy with our set up, i would not want it every week, i would get tired
tounge.gif

Most away games we go to have it, as the are $hite grounds, so little and often is all good.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 07 2005,22:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hillsborough?
but to be fair Mike, dont you think that was down to poor stadium management? and down to the fact they packed as many people as they could in there?
which cant happen with seats!

Something had to be done to avoid the same situation happening again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 08 2005,00:06)]I thought Rushden was all seater?

It certainly looked like it anyway!

rock.gif
Home end is terraced ...

WS

Southend could always drop down to the Conference South, build the new stadium at FF under non-league regulations, then come back up again. We'd still be in the Premier$hite in six seasons!
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Jan. 07 2005,23:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 07 2005,22:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hillsborough?
but to be fair Mike, dont you think that was down to poor stadium management? and down to the fact they packed as many people as they could in there?
which cant happen with seats!

Something had to be done to avoid the same situation happening again.
I think the aim of Stand Up Sit Down is to effectively have allocated standing spaces.

Instead of having areas of open terracing, seating will still be there but you are allowed to stand in front of your allocated seat.

This does away with the argument that you could have too many people squashed into one area as you would have exactly the same amount of people standing as you would have had seated.

It also beats one of the favourite arguments against standing that it would take too long to get medical help to someone in the crowd as it will take no longer to evacuate an area than what it would a normal seating area.

The stand up sit down campaign is being run by my wifes boss and i know he has already met alot of important figues including fa/league bosses, MP's and police chiefs.

If anyone wants any further details i'm sure i can get some from him.

After the Kiddy game I'm all for it!!! Cracking atmosphere! (Even when someone bopped my ears with joy...)

Anyway, If it's done like Kiddy's it should be OK, (sorry about all the refrences to that game, but that's the only terracing I've been in.)

Back