• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Statements and Protest Chat

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher feels protesting Blues fans have every right to show their frustration.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
And yet again Kev has zero issue with the protests. No more chat suggesting it bothers the players and all that **** please. It seems to bother some fans more than it does those on the pitch. Back the protests and stop the moaning. It’s a time to be United against the rat. Starting this Saturday...

Protest was good again last night, well done to all involved and getting the banner into the South was a good result.

Appreciate some of the security were being arsey last night but the group in W block singing 'Martin rentboys' at them need to have a word with themselves - no excuse for that lazy homophobia.
Would you prefer something more structured?

Protest was good again last night, well done to all involved and getting the banner into the South was a good result.

Appreciate some of the security were being arsey last night but the group in W block singing 'Martin rentboys' at them need to have a word with themselves - no excuse for that lazy homophobia.
What happens between a floppy haired employer and the hench hired help in the privacy of a plush Hilltop mansion is no business of ours..

Last edited:
I see Sheffield Wednesday took our tennis balls protest last night, funny tho there's makes sky sports news

And yet again Kev has zero issue with the protests. No more chat suggesting it bothers the players and all that **** please. It seems to bother some fans more than it does those on the pitch. Back the protests and stop the moaning. It’s a time to be United against the rat. Starting this Saturday...
I know it's not easy to do but it would help if everyone knew about the protest beforehand.

I see Sheffield Wednesday took our tennis balls protest last night, funny tho there's makes sky sports news
There game was live on Sky Sports so it was always going to make the news. That's part of the problem with our protests, we got coverage for the first one as it was a Friday night and there wasn't many other games on. Sky don't even send a reporter to the National League games anymore.

Martins sex workers much better.

• Haha
Reactions: loz
The tennis ball thing isn’t anything new, been done several times previously.

I do like it as they stand out against the pitch unlike rubber black rats

The statement from Justin Rees confirms multiple bids have gone and not been accepted. The consortium, quite rightly, prefer the club not to be placed in administration. Ron Martin say's we won't be in court on October 4th but won't say why (after admitting the club won't likely be sold by then).

Link it all together and draw your own conclusions but, for me at least, it doesn't sound good. If ever there was a time to ramp up the protests, it's now. Carry on the protests inside the stadium but the place to REALLY ramp it up is outside his house. Now isn't the time to stand on the pavement with a few chants, now is the time to get rowdy and cause a genuine nuisance outside of his house.

The statement from Justin Rees confirms multiple bids have gone and not been accepted. The consortium, quite rightly, prefer the club not to be placed in administration. Ron Martin say's we won't be in court on October 4th but won't say why (after admitting the club won't likely be sold by then).

Link it all together and draw your own conclusions but, for me at least, it doesn't sound good. If ever there was a time to ramp up the protests, it's now. Carry on the protests inside the stadium but the place to REALLY ramp it up is outside his house. Now isn't the time to stand on the pavement with a few chants, now is the time to get rowdy and cause a genuine nuisance outside of his house.

I agree - the challenge is how to get the couple of thousand that are happy with joining in chanting in Roots Hall outside his house or another location where Ron actually is because so far calls to Benfleet road have not galvanised the supporter base

I agree - the challenge is how to get the couple of thousand that are happy with joining in chanting in Roots Hall outside his house or another location where Ron actually is because so far calls to Benfleet road have not galvanised the supporter base
Find out which posh restaurant is next on his fine dining itinerary and lay siege to it with him inside.

Last edited:
I like the idea but I suspect you're not going to get a few hundred people turning up with 30 mins notice
I am sure that his diary is chock-a-block with such planned excursions well into the future; probably written in green ink.

All one has to do is gain access to this tome ( by nobbling his cleaner, perhaps?)* and plans can be hatched weeks in advance.

Simple.

* I am well aware that the Anti-Christ/Fuhrer has probably already performed this act.

It would be good to know as soon as possible what protest is going to happen before Saturday’s match so as many fan’s as possible can attend ?.Time is running out frighteningly fast we need to act now or probably regret not doing so at our leisure.

Back