• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Think you're reading too much into it. That sentence mentions 3 other wide players so why have you singled out McLaughlin as the one to worry about leaving?

Our website is always poorly worded. I wouldn't worry. Coker and Lenny are the ones who are likely to leave IMO.

I'd say you're reading too much into it.

Though there still hasn't been any official confirmation of McLaughlin signing a three year deal. The Echo claimed that he was going to sign it "this week" in April and again in June but the club have never given any confirmation it's been signed.

I'd say you're reading too much into it.

Though there still hasn't been any official confirmation of McLaughlin signing a three year deal. The Echo claimed that he was going to sign it "this week" in April and again in June but the club have never given any confirmation it's been signed.

ahh that's interesting.

while it seems strangely worded it also seems strange to say 'in camp' in relation to Kightly or Hendrie so it seems only applicable to Macca.

How else would that sentance be written?

Stephen McLaughlin, Michael Kightly, and Stephen Hendrie still in the camp, would be exactly the same sentance?

Last year Will Atkinson also competed for the right midfield slot, but he is no longer in the camp. The three listed players are still in the camp. That's what I read into this.

I'd be surprised if Macca left to a higher level club. He's excellent on his day but can be hit and miss, and is injury prone. These things are always general knowledge to scouts & other clubs. His best chance of reaching the Championship is with us.

Cue him signing a 3 year deal at Villa tomorrow..

I'd be surprised if Macca left to a higher level club. He's excellent on his day but can be hit and miss, and is injury prone. These things are always general knowledge to scouts & other clubs. His best chance of reaching the Championship is with us.

Fair enough if that's your opinion, but I thought that he was our best attacking player before injury last season and a solid contributor on his return. His positional intelligence going forwards was outstanding at times.

I am intrigued by Brown's comments about favouring a lop-sided 4-4-2, and what that might mean in relation to Macca. Timlin on the left instead? Not sure that we'd perform better set up like that.

Fair enough if that's your opinion, but I thought that he was our best attacking player before injury last season and a solid contributor on his return. His positional intelligence going forwards was outstanding at times.

I am intrigued by Brown's comments about favouring a lop-sided 4-4-2, and what that might mean in relation to Macca. Timlin on the left instead? Not sure that we'd perform better set up like that.

Kightly played on the left last night but tucked in more. McG played more like winger out wide.

Kightly played on the left last night but tucked in more. McG played more like winger out wide.

Interesting. When you say tucked in, would that be more offensively in a Zidane-at-Madrid way, or as an extra body in the middle as per Will Atkinson?

Given PB's comments about the challenge ahead of McG to make the team I have to think that Kightly on the right is his current thinking. So reading between the lines we're possibly looking at last night's system mirrored with Macca as a winger and Kightly a bit more central on the other side.

Interesting. When you say tucked in, would that be more offensively in a Zidane-at-Madrid way, or as an extra body in the middle as per Will Atkinson?

Given PB's comments about the challenge ahead of McG to make the team I have to think that Kightly on the right is his current thinking. So reading between the lines we're possibly looking at last night's system mirrored with Macca as a winger and Kightly a bit more central on the other side.

Love the way you compared our players using Will Atkinson and Zidane in the same sentence!

I wouldn't rule out that Dru Yearwood could play a Atkinson role as he used to play as winger, but with paces & ability to get forward.

Fair enough if that's your opinion, but I thought that he was our best attacking player before injury last season and a solid contributor on his return. His positional intelligence going forwards was outstanding at times..

I thought he was very poor on his return. Almost anonymous. Yet agree before he was injured was immense. I hope we can keep him fit. Championship player on his day. League Two on an off day.

At B & L today McLaughlin was carried off by two of the fitness guys - injury to his left ankle/foot

Back