• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stev Angus on Trial

The Cambridge official site does not list him as a player so I would guess he is a free agent. The Reading boy had a serious cruciate injury last year and only went back into light training in April 2005. Highly rated winger, trialled with Man U and Celtic I believe.

The Scunny manager said that he would not sign angus as "he carried too much baggage with him" - make of that whatever you want.

just read on itv text page 474 we have got darren campbell in for two games to try to win a contrct with us. with reading at the moment

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Aug. 17 2005,15:26)]The Cambridge official site does not list him as a player so I would guess he is a free agent. The Reading boy had a serious cruciate injury last year and only went back into light training in April 2005. Highly rated winger, trialled with Man U and Celtic I believe.
Cambridge cleared out 17 players over the summer, and only had 4 left for Rob Newman to play with (poor sods) 4 weeks ago.

Chances are he was cleared out, and even if he wasn't all the Cambridge players there now are on month-to-month contracts.

Still, they beat Hereford on Sky last night even so.

not sure if anyone has raised this already but Angus appears to be yet another local boy. Pretty sure we won't sign him unless he's right mentally going by every other signing Tilly has made.

I'm kind of praying that he's a versatile defender but from memory he's a solid centre half and that's about it. Still, I'm sure Eagle's still got the pace to play ful back if needed.

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Angus would be a useful signing I reckon. As we appear to have let the Serbian Beast slip through our fingers
sad.gif
wink.gif
then Angus could provide some good competition. He's always been pretty highly thought of and perhaps the fact he's found himself without a club could snap him into gear. No doubt Gutts has had a small hand in this. He was released from Cambridge due to their money issues, it had nothing to do with the playing side of things. As has already been said, he is indeed a local boy as well.

This Campbell sounds handy. He sounds very highly regarded, especially as Man Utd and Celtic took him on for training, and in his one and only brief first team appearance for Reading, their fans started chanting his name because they were so impressed! Interesting hair though:

010306386215004hi.jpg

Wow, he looks so different on the telly.

(hmm. Actually, I'm bored of references to the runner myself. God knows why I'm carrying on!)

Too true, our other ex-Hammer trainees are doing quite nicely, thank you!

Back