• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve Cotterill

Steve Cotterill - Question

• Yes I Would Want Him!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Keep Tilly & Brush

• Dont Know

• Steve Cotterill Would Definately Not Come To Us!

• Total voters

Benfleet_Blue

If Steve Cotterill was avaliable and wanted to join us would you rather have him or Tilly & Brush?.

I got to say IMO i would prefer Cotterill due to his vast experience in the lower leagues.

I also think Martin would go for this option if Cotterill was willing to have talks.

As i sit here hammered on Canadian wine and beer waiting for the wife to come home so i can start the barbie,i have to say Tilly and Brush all the effin way.they have pulled this group from a bunch of no hopers in a relegation spot to,(if we can keep the them)a title winning team.better than the leafs who are losing 2-1 at the end of the 2nd period.

BB, could you guarantee Cotterill would be better than T&B?

As I said in a post on another thread, no manager could be expected to achieve what thos two have.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleet_Blue @ April 23 2004,00:49)]If Steve Cotterill was avaliable and wanted to join us would you rather have him or Tilly & Brush?.

I got to say IMO i would prefer Cotterill due to his vast experience in the lower leagues.

I also think Martin would go for this option if Cotterill was willing to have talks.
IMHO - You can keep Cotterill. Let's have T & b Who have demonstrated that they have the nouse ! And after all, has your man really set the world a light ? I think not !

I cannot see how the board could offer the job to anyone but T & B, everything has improved and i just cannot see that cotteril or anyone else will bring anything better at this moment in time.

Stevey Tilson Barmy Army
biggrin.gif

Imagine the backlash if T&B don't get the job!!

Why the hell would anybody want ANYBODY apart from the guys that are doing a great job?

I don't care if Cotterill is available or not... and the question is about as relevant as wether we'd want Ranieri or Wenger... unless you know something we don't.

Why upset the apple cart when all is going so well?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleet_Blue @ April 23 2004,00:49)]I got to say IMO i would prefer Cotterill due to his vast experience in the lower leagues.
Don't know about you but it worries me when managers have vast experience in the lower leagues. He clearly isn't that good else he would have some experience in the lower leagues and some in the higher leagues. How he would live up to the expectations after the end to the season we're having?

Dont sh*t on thoes who have stood beside the club and got us out of deep trouble .If RON MARTIN wants the fans to turn against him not giving TILLY and BRUSH the job might do it .
mad.gif
mad.gif

No - we don't want Cotterill or anyone else new. You know what would happen - 14 players out, 14 in and it's start-all-over-again time. T&B KNOW what they've got to work with and who they want, a new manager would want all his own players/back room and we'd be rebuilding for yet another season. Incessant change MUST stop!

I can't believe this is even a topic. Apart from cheltenham, look at Cotterill's history. He was assistant to Howard Wilkinson at Sunderland and did absolutely nothing, apart from bring the club down.

If you look at Tilly and Brush's accomplishments, it just makes sense to give them a job. They have done really well so far, why not take a 'chance' and let them have a go. Can't do much worse than Alvin Martin,Whelan etc. Tilly's Southend through and through and has brought in some good players so far, things are looking good for next season if we can hold on to permanent players and bring in a couple to replace those who are only on loan at the moment. No-one else comes close for me. OOOhhhh Stevey Stevey...

I'm totally behind Tilly and Brush, and therefore wouldn't let anybody have the job over them.

You just can't teach the passion that the duo have for the club.

Back