• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Steve Mildenhall

Fiftyone

Manager
Signed an extension to his contract with Millwall through to June 2013.

Shows that he's happy earning lots of money sitting on the bench for them AND also that he's still happy living locally despite all the rumours floating around early last year that he was desperate to move back to the Swindon area!!

must be nice on the wallet, but surely a bit crap in terms of your life/career!

imagina training all the time and never playing, and the clock ticks on all of us, what would you have to show for your career?

oh well, takes all sorts i guess.

I expected this thread to say that he'd gone out on loan.

What a bizarre piece of news instead.

Each too their own but if i was a player i would find it soul destroying not playing at all.All that training just to be on bench week in week out.

Each too their own but if i was a player i would find it soul destroying not playing at all.All that training just to be on bench week in week out.
As I said to some people on FB about Josh Simpson recently, every man has his price and I guess Millwall found Mildy's.

has he even played a league game this season? i'm sure he might have got a run out in a cup game but can't say I've seen him when watching football league.

To all those having a go at him for being happy just sitting on the bench, remember he's a goalkeeper and there's only one of them in a team. Every team needs a back-up, spending time on the bench is part of being a goalkeeper. And he's probably coming near the end of his career, he did well to get a Championship club and I'm sure he doesn't mind being back-up to Forde. One injury/suspension and he'll be in the team.

Never ever warmed to him. Pretty poor keeper if you ask me.

agree, average league 1 league 2 if you ask me, was beginning to warm to him with the "used to be *****" chant, but dont exactly feel the loss now hes gone,
cash aside, for the life of me cant imagine why anyone would want to spend there life and career on the bench, despite the circumstances surrounding a lot of our players exits the last couple of seasons, I can guarantee that when they look back they will remember the promotions and cardiff finals, more then anything else.

To all those having a go at him for being happy just sitting on the bench, remember he's a goalkeeper and there's only one of them in a team. Every team needs a back-up, spending time on the bench is part of being a goalkeeper. And he's probably coming near the end of his career, he did well to get a Championship club and I'm sure he doesn't mind being back-up to Forde. One injury/suspension and he'll be in the team.

no one should be happy sitting on the bench. I think your right about him coming to the end of his career so surely it makes sense to want to try as play as much as possible whilst you still can. Thats the way I look at it anyway. Not saying he should have stayed with us but meaning maybe going to a club where he would be number 1.

he must be loving it up their in the championship. personally I would rather be playing elsewhere instead of being a bench warmer and collecting the pay cheque every week.

So would I. But I would also rather be paid than not. He's also done us a favour; from what i've heard, we were paying him more than Evans and Morris combined...

no one should be happy sitting on the bench. I think your right about him coming to the end of his career so surely it makes sense to want to try as play as much as possible whilst you still can. Thats the way I look at it anyway. Not saying he should have stayed with us but meaning maybe going to a club where he would be number 1.

Or maybe he's thinking that he's coming to the end of his career and isn't financially secure given his future plans...

For all you Mildenhall haters...

[video=youtube;Mifk-05Z-rM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mifk-05Z-rM#t=0m33s[/video]

0mins 33 seconds...

Back