• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why? Bentley will be our number 1 next season and can't see mildenhall wanting to come and sit on the bench

You had Smudge had a lovers tiff then :winking:

Ha ha no. Dont get me wrong im more than happy with smithy but we need to plan for the future and bentley is the future. Im hopin smudge and dan have a healthy battle for the jersey. It is all good.

Ha ha no. Dont get me wrong im more than happy with smithy but we need to plan for the future and bentley is the future. Im hopin smudge and dan have a healthy battle for the jersey. It is all good.

Smith wont play second fiddle to Bentley & will be off if he gets dropped.

Thought he was a decent keeper when we had him in league 1, but wouldn't have him back when we have potentially 3 young keepers coming through the ranks.

Looking at Brown's comments he seems to rate Bentley. Smith's wages could get us a decent player in somewhere it's needed.

Bentley should be No1 & id be happy to see Smith do one, freeing up his wages is a bonus!

What worries me is if he makes a few clangers then theres a section of our crowd who will crucify him, rather than view him as a young keeper who WILL makes mistakes!!

Bentley should be No1 & id be happy to see Smith do one, freeing up his wages is a bonus!

What worries me is if he makes a few clangers then theres a section of our crowd who will crucify him, rather than view him as a young keeper who WILL makes mistakes!!

So you are happy for a keeper to have faults as long as he is young ?

If Bentley plays ahead of Smith or anyone it has to be because he is good enough and reliable. If he makes mistakes the cost us then he too can "do one".

We've got two good goalkeepers. Bentley has shown great promise and shows he is willing to work hard and learn. He'll be an asset but he is still very young and he will make mistakes.

Smith has been castigated all season because he is not vocal and does not come for enough crosses. With all the in-fighting over the issue, many people have overlooked the fact that a goalkeeper's main job is to keep the ball out of the net. I don't see many goalkeepers better at doing that in League Two.

I think it's fair to say that there are other areas of the pitch which need to be prioritised.

We've got two good goalkeepers. Bentley has shown great promise and shows he is willing to work hard and learn. He'll be an asset but he is still very young and he will make mistakes.

Smith has been castigated all season because he is not vocal and does not come for enough crosses. With all the in-fighting over the issue, many people have overlooked the fact that a goalkeeper's main job is to keep the ball out of the net. I don't see many goalkeepers better at doing that in League Two.

I think it's fair to say that there are other areas of the pitch which need to be prioritised.

Mistake after mistake smith is total dog *****

Back