• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stewarding at Gillingham

TerryintheWest

The chairman of the Huddersfield Supporters Trust has contacted me about problems that they had last Saturday with over zealous stewarding at Gillingham. He asked if we had any problems with the stewards down there. I wasn't aware of any problems but has anyone got a better memory than me?
smile.gif

I thought they pretty good overall. Also, my seat had been double sold and they found me somewhere to sit quickly with no problems.

Pretty good I thought. Even got a couple of disposable rain macs out of them.

I was told my camera would be confiscated if i used it again, which prompted an empathy of fellow fans who withdrew their mobile phones and began taking pictures of him.

Of course I'm not allowed to take pix, fair cop, have they banned the ever powerful phone cameras with zoom? no.

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 10 2006,13:45)]I was told my camera would be confiscated if i used it again, which prompted an empathy of fellow fans who withdrew their mobile phones and began taking pictures of him.

Of course I'm not allowed to take pix, fair cop, have they banned the ever powerful phone cameras with zoom? no.

glare.gif
Think I remember that incident - were you sat quite close to the front and to the left of the goal?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ April 10 2006,13:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 10 2006,13:45)]I was told my camera would be confiscated if i used it again, which prompted an empathy of fellow fans who withdrew their mobile phones and began taking pictures of him.

glare.gif
Think I remember that incident - were you sat quite close to the front and to the left of the goal?
Indeed as I recall, sat on that dubious scaffolding which is worthy of a report to the FA and HSE in itself.

i think the only problems from stewards we've witness this season was the jobsworths at notts forrest.

IIRC what was posted at the time, the Stewards were average but the police were a throwback to the '70's?

Back