• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stockport

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Bad news potentially... Stockport could be thrown out of the league if they don't find a buyer within 6 weeks. They went into administration on 30/4/09 and the rules are that they must come out of it within 12 months.

If they don't they will be wound up and their golden share witheld, which means they can't fulfill their fixtures. We play them on May 1st!

That would presumably mean their results being wiped out and so we would have 3 points less (as would many other teams, and some would have 6) but, crucially, Stockports points have been gained as follows:

Brighton - 4
Colchester - 1
Gillingham - 1
Hartlepool - 1
Southampton - 1
Wycombe - 3
Tranmere - 3 (they play Stockport on the last day)
Carlisle - 1
Huddersfield - 1
Oldham - 1
Exeter - 3
Orient - 3
Yeovil - 1

Look at the teams around us - Brighton, Tranmere, Oldham, Wycombe and Exeter - who would all be better off than we would if that were to happen!

That will make it very, very tough indeed.

In such an extreme scenario, I don't think the Football League would fold Stockport immediately. They'd more than likely show some discretion and allow them to finish the season.

Bad news potentially... Stockport could be thrown out of the league if they don't find a buyer within 6 weeks. They went into administration on 30/4/09 and the rules are that they must come out of it within 12 months.

If they don't they will be wound up and their golden share witheld, which means they can't fulfill their fixtures. We play them on May 1st!

That would presumably mean their results being wiped out and so we would have 3 points less (as would many other teams, and some would have 6) but, crucially, Stockports points have been gained as follows:

Brighton - 4
Colchester - 1
Gillingham - 1
Hartlepool - 1
Southampton - 1
Wycombe - 3
Carlisle - 1
Huddersfield - 1
Oldham - 1
Exeter - 3
Orient - 3
Yeovil - 1

Look at the teams around us - Brighton, Tranmere, Oldham, Wycombe and Exeter - who would all be better off than we would if that were to happen!

Confused.me.certainly.am - how would Tranmere be any worse off than us ? And are you assuming that we pick up 3 points on May 1st ?

The way that Jeff Stelling was telling it yesterday were that the rules were that you couldn't start two successive seasons in Administration. At that stage, I'm sure that the League would let them play out the season and then try to resolve their issues over the Summer. Dropping them from the Competition with two games left would cause mayhem, what with the possibility of having dramatic repercussions on promotion and relegation issues.

On The Football League Show, the suggestion seemed to be that they could get kicked out, but only once the season is done and dusted.

Brighton - 4
Colchester - 1
Gillingham - 1
Hartlepool - 1
Southampton - 1
Wycombe - 3
Carlisle - 1
Huddersfield - 1
Oldham - 1
Exeter - 3
Orient - 3
Yeovil - 1

Christ my Sunday just gets worse with every post.

Confused.me.certainly.am - how would Tranmere be any worse off than us ? And are you assuming that we pick up 3 points on May 1st ?

Because...

If Stockport's results are wiped out, we lose the 3 points we won so would only have 31. Tranmere haven't won any points against Stockport so they would still be the same, i.e. 38.

They wouldn't be worse off... they'd be better off.

Because...

If Stockport's results are wiped out, we lose the 3 points we won so would only have 31. Tranmere haven't won any points against Stockport so they would still be the same, i.e. 38.

They wouldn't be worse off... they'd be better off.

Thanks - had read the figures in your original post the wrong way round :stupidme:

In such an extreme scenario, I don't think the Football League would fold Stockport immediately. They'd more than likely show some discretion and allow them to finish the season.

The Blue Square Premier League did it to Chester a few weeks ago, so on that basis the Football League would do it too. Not good news if you ask me when we're already in enough trouble.

Interesting shout.... But haven't they had their transfer embargo lifted recently? I know they have brought in a whole host of players on loan - Jabo Ibhere and Jemal Johnson are two that spring to mind - so I would assume that their current plight was easing some what?

In any case, the difference the 3 points we earned against them earlier in the season will count for little come May, as I suspect unless we win tomorrow night, our fat will pretty much be assured anyhow!

Back