• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stoke Views

Fish

Manager
Having seen what they're saying on Oatcake, in summary Stoke fans:

1) Thought Bradbury dived for the penalty (looked like minimal contact on the Championship)
2) Thought we were quiet all game
3) Thought they sang all game - don't think I heard them much at all!!
4) Are convinced they won't play a weaker team than us all season
5) Thought the second half was all Stoke, and they missed 5 open goals
6) Are already rounding on Pulis after just one game back in charge.

Apart from point 1, I hope I never smoke whatever they're on, it seems a very nasty recreational drug which causes severe delusion!!

Oatcake

Sour and grapes come to mind! we had 9 shots to there 6 on target. They sang at the start of the game then as soon as we scored there end became silent. they also had four shots off target now if they had been open goals and they missed that would go down as off target!! They also said on Sky sports accourding to me father that we should have won 4-0 i was there and i think we could have won by more and if they where that good they wouldn't be rounding on pulis!

This is exactly what the Bradford fans were saying when we tonked them in our first away match last season.

As has been said many times, I just hope the teams we face are as complacent and underprepared as their fans.

For 60 minutes we dominated the game, then had to deal with 30 minutes of them trying and mostly failing to hit their target men, even then we had opportunities to hit them on the break.
As for the singing...Gillingham were louder.
I would suggest that it is Stoke that will struggle this season, as it seems their team / management and fans are bereft of ideas.

I can't believe they are moaning about the ref either...........
Ithought we out played them , the only thing they had in their favour was sidibe's ability to get across the front of his marker to win balls played in to him, they just didn't really feed off him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Aug. 06 2006,13:43)]Having seen what they're saying on Oatcake, in summary Stoke fans:

1) Thought Bradbury dived for the penalty (looked like minimal contact on the Championship)
2) Thought we were quiet all game
3) Thought they sang all game - don't think I heard them much at all!!
4) Are convinced they won't play a weaker team than us all season
5) Thought the second half was all Stoke, and they missed 5 open goals
6) Are already rounding on Pulis after just one game back in charge.

Apart from point 1, I hope I never smoke whatever they're on, it seems a very nasty recreational drug which causes severe delusion!!

Oatcake
Point 2 about us being quiet, we will get that all season it depends where you are sat in the ground.  On the 606 message board a Watford fan came to watch us play and thought our fans were very vocal, not sure where he was in the ground though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Aug. 06 2006,22:15)]I thought Roots Hall was very quiet yesterday.
Couldn't hear a ****ing thing from the Sarfend fans yesterday.
wink.gif

Sitting in the southe upper, roots hall was very quiet and apart from 5 or so minutes after the goal, there was hardly no singing. Thought the stoke fans were quite loud and did sing after they were 1-0 down.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Aug. 06 2006,21:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Aug. 06 2006,22:15)]I thought Roots Hall was very quiet yesterday.
Couldn't hear a ****ing thing from the Sarfend fans yesterday.  
wink.gif
this stokes t w a t really needs to get a life and start supporting his own club rather than using up space here.

i have no idea what if any orient board exists on the net and will never have any inclination to find out.

time for him grow up and find a board with another orient fan me thinks, they can then r u n off hand in hand into the sunset and be p r a t s together
sleepy.gif

i bumped into a group of stoke fans after the game on sat. one said ''i saw the ref change into his southend shirt after the game'' to which i replied ''were you watching the same match mate?'' ''sad losers spring to mind'' to which they all swore at me after i walked off.

PATHETIC!!!!!!!!

Back