• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How do you rate him?

• Yes! I'm impressed!

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Haven't seen enough

Votes: 46 63.9%
  • Plays like a drunk uni-cyclist wearing shades in the dark on drugs

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • OK from what I've seen so far

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does it take 10 games to get crosses above worm level and take a throw in?

If that's your view, why not just say it in the original post?

How can we have a poll? What's there to vote on when he hasn't even played a competitive game yet?

Jeez the guy hasnt even played a game for us yet.

Nice way to get behind new players.

Ive voted Im impressed. Never seen him play but reckon a pointless poll warrants a pointless response.

"Ive set a reminder to come back to this thread in 3 months time when Ive seen the lad play a bit.. "

Would that be with the ones that said "Jamal Johnson! I'm so excited - he's gonna rip this division!" ?

"Ive set a reminder to come back to this thread in 3 months time when Ive seen the lad play a bit.. "

Would that be with the ones that said "Jamal Johnson! I'm so excited - he's gonna rip this division!" ?

Which is exactly why every player should be give preseason and at least a few games before being praised or slagged off.

Pointless thread!

Indeed.
FWIW I've not seen him yet and even if I had I wouldn't be judging him on a few pre season friendlies.
I remember a certain poster assuring us that Nicky Bailey couldn't pass water after a less than thrilling performance in a friendly somewhere in the depths of Essex.

As your sort of quoting me, please show me where I said that..:thumbsup:

If he gets us on the front foot at home (which is the main reason Sturrock brought him in) then he definitely gets my vote but jeez he's played TWO FRIENDLIES! Ask this question again nearer Christmas! :winking:

Agree with other posters. How can anybody rate a player who has played a couple of friendlies??? Will form an opinion once the season starts and he has several competitive games under his belt

I've seen him play against us and thought he was better than what he had in the same position. Saw him play against Gt Wakering and thought he looked powerful, and reasonably pacey (albeit against weaker opposition), and thought he put 2 or 3 really good balls into the box. I assume you do know which player he was as I didn't think there was anything about him to justify your comments about him on here.

Some people never fail to amaze me, one swimming session against the spam and a worthless runout in a friendly and he is judged as useless....:nope:

Back