• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"Strike" force

Still think we should go after Hayles from Plymouth - the man is an Ox and would cause havoc with League one defenders . Would give our guys a decent bit of practice in the week as well

Still think we should go after Hayles from Plymouth - the man is an Ox and would cause havoc with League one defenders . Would give our guys a decent bit of practice in the week as well

Yeah I'd have loved to have seen us get him. He got a new deal at Plymouth though, didn't he?

Yeah I'd have loved to have seen us get him. He got a new deal at Plymouth though, didn't he?

Dunno - I'm not very good at keeping up with these things - but I don't think he got a start on Sat . Even if he's on a deal , surely we could put a good package together for him , bums on seats and all that . The attendances will really drop off if were not in the top 8 after the first three 'derbies'

given how clearly MacDonald has failed to score in all his League One appearances so far and given Paynters position on Saturday and given we gave the opposition 33 minutes with an extra man and given that Tommy Black looks like hes got no idea how to rip the ****e out of second rate defenders and given that Maher and Gower have missed so many quality chances in the CCC and given that we have two quality players crocked
I would say its impossible we will ever see a goal again - its not as if Peter
Clarke is ever going to score from a corner at this level is it ?

Omigod - can't wait for the Tilson out thread

I am still to be convinced by Matty Harrold but I thought he did ok on Saturday particularly in winning headers and flicking them on. If we had the type of player who was able to run onto these then we might be onto something. Perhaps, Charlie Mac could be that player. If Matty was only less easily bundled off the ball by stronger defenders he would improve his game considerably- more easily said than done I know. Anyway, despite Saturday's blip, I think there are still plenty of reasons to be optimistic about our prospects this season. I think we will be there or thereabouts come next May.

Back