• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strikeforce

Strikeforce - Just wondering who people would prefer?

• Freddy + Gray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goater + Gray

• Eastwood + Goater

• Total voters

I'm not having a dig, just curious as to who people would prefer up front!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 11 2005,15:13)]I think a 3-4-3  is the way to go?
Sounds good to me, although that may leave us quite exposed at the back!!

Freddy & Wayne for me just now, but with the threat of the Goat to come off the bench if we're chasing the game.

I also think when 100% fit in certain games, we may need to start Freddy & Goater to try & stop the "double-team" effect that some sides are using to try & counter-act the threat of Eastwood.

As exciting as it is, I dont think anyone can say Goater + 1 as we havent seen him play in a Southend shirt.

He could be cack!

Freddy and Gray for now, and lets see what Goater can still do eh?

Voted for Eastwood and Goater - once Freddy's adjusted to this level and the Goat's regained fitness I think it's a complete dream pairing.

At the moment it has to be Freddy and Wayne. Wayne has fully justified his position in the starting 11 in the last two matches and we all know what Freddy is capable off. Goater is going to have a struggle to get in the side, I'd love him to come of the bench to score Vs Walsall on saturday buts thats probably a little too soon for him.

I think in the long run, it could well be Freddy and Shaun, would be mouthwatering if they clicked. But at the moment, and for the foreseable future, if it aint broke don't fix it.

dont think you can split Freddy and Wayne up at the moment, maybe once the goat has played a little it can be answered

I think once the Goat is fit he should be in the side. His presence on the pitch will surely lift the whole team. Although Gray has been superb, i think he would have to make way. Therefore Eastwood and the Goat for me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 11 2005,20:37)]Im still thinking Goater and Eastwood up front with Gray in attacking midfield
Gray can't play in midfield, unless perhaps as an emergency wide man.

If we were to play attacking midfielders this role could be taken up by either Gower, Guttridge or Smith.

Has to be Freddy and Wayne for now. until we see what the Goater can do we have to stick with these two. When goater comes into the side and he shows the class he has then we should have this topic for discussion. But its good to have three very good strikers rather than just one or two. Bring on a 4th thats what i say!

biggrin.gif

Back