• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Striking off order for SEL issued 26th Oct

Could be:-

SOUTH EASTERN LEISURE UK LIMITED

Company number 03685980

Accounts overdue

Next accounts made up to 31 January 2021
due by 31 October 2021

Last accounts made up to 31 January 2020

Companies House

Link

Shock.

On-field we are starting to see a corner turned.

Off-field however it's about as bad as it's ever been...
I think we are all pretty unshockable as far as this saga goes. Correct me if I'm wrong but although it sounds very dramatic, it doesn't change anything..................unless, of course, the tax bill is not payed in three months.

The accounts have not been filed within the allotted time so the company is struck off, with all the cosequences that follow.. Well done Martin, just when things on the pitch are showing promise.

Points deduction could be on its way to southend..... national league don't **** about when it comes to clubs in financial issues.

Might not be correct here, but if the company is struck all assets go to the crown. King charlie for chairman anyone?

The accounts have not been filed within the allotted time so the company is struck off, with all the cosequences that follow.. Well done Martin, just when things on the pitch are showing promise.
The company is not struck off (yet). This is not the first such order and typical Ron he’ll (probably) avoid the penalty coming into effect has he’s done countless times before. We’ll see. It’s interesting to note who appears in actual match discussions - you know, the positive stuff about actual football - and who only ever appears in negative or political chat.

Points deduction could be on its way to southend..... national league don't **** about when it comes to clubs in financial issues.
What precedent is there for a team in the National League getting a points deduction for the parent company receiving a strike off notice?

This is the isn’t the first time South Eastern Leisure has had a Gazette notice. One was received in April of this year (before being reversed a week later). Where was the points deduction then?

The company is not struck off (yet). This is not the first such order and typical Ron he’ll (probably) avoid the penalty coming into effect has he’s done countless times before. We’ll see. It’s interesting to note who appears in actual match discussions - you know, the positive stuff about actual football - and who only ever appears in negative or political chat.
Unnecessary snide comment. Rather difficult to contribute to match comments when the games are not available to watch live on television in the national league and a few minutes of highlights a couple of days later is hardly sufficient to make any judgement and I would not be so presumptuous as to do that. However as a supporter for over 60 years who has probably seen more live matches than you have had hot dinners I think I'm entitled to comment on the latest scandalous situation. Just because Martin has a history of brinkmanship doesn't make it all right nor does it guarantee he will evade the consequences again this time.

Unnecessary snide comment. Rather difficult to contribute to match comments when the games are not available to watch live on television in the national league and a few minutes of highlights a couple of days later is hardly sufficient to make any judgement and I would not be so presumptuous as to do that. However as a supporter for over 60 years who has probably seen more live matches than you have had hot dinners I think I'm entitled to comment on the latest scandalous situation. Just because Martin has a history of brinkmanship doesn't make it all right nor does it guarantee he will evade the consequences again this time.
Neither unnecessary nor snide. A simple, and politely expressed, statement of fact. Matches are available to listen to online on BBC Essex even from abroad, as noted on BBC Essex last night with our very own Shrimpergarry listening in from Albania. Besides, even if tuning in is too much trouble the occasional ’wow isn’t this great news’ might demonstrate some actual interest in the football. But nada from some folks, its just curious that’s all.

By the way, I very much doubt you’ve seen more matches than I’ve had hot dinners. In my 30 years following the team I‘ve travelled up and down the country supporting them. I still have scars from the coach journeys back from a 7-0 drubbing in Sunderland and a 5-0 drubbing in Burslem (Port Vale), for instance.

Just think how much this has cost us in fines, interest, legal fees etc over the years. Probably enough to run the club for a year. Shambolic management from that **** of a chairman we have.

What precedent is there for a team in the National League getting a points deduction for the parent company receiving a strike off notice?

This is the isn’t the first time South Eastern Leisure has had a Gazette notice. One was received in April of this year (before being reversed a week later). Where was the points deduction then?
none would be my guess as its not the club itself but sufc have a tax bill to pay with the threat of being wound up, also persistent rumours about staff and players being paid late...... national league won't keep accepting southend poor behaviour off the pitch.

Back