• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The team may be FLOUNDERing but I am herring that Cluniemore will be BAITing us with ' I told you I was right' when we still get promoted. Freddy will provide the MUSSEL and have a word in Bilel's shell-like. They will become DAB hands at scoring and we will SKATE up the league.:blush:

I hear Daily looked like a fish out of water on the left wing.

Selection Errors

In the last few games I think Luggy has made some errors in his team selection

1. Prosser at LB: I think Hills should be playing as a natural LB. Prosser and Phillips at the back as Barker is a decent player but cant keep going the whole 90 minutes so maybe Prosser on the bench or Barker? Prosser is also the biggest weak link in our team to the hoof ball as seen on Saturday at Rovers I feel.

2. Dave Martin on the bench: Why is sturrock playing Timlin on the wing? Timlin is not a proven winger and yet he keeps playing him there. I also think Martin has been the best out of our January Transfers. Timlin is not one of our stronger midfield players and makes silly errors that have cost us games (Rovers away, Dagenham at home etc...) and also tends to play the hoof ball game.*

Could these be the reasons why were on a dip of form playing weaker players and out of positon?

In the last few games I think Luggy has made some errors in his team selection

1. Prosser at LB: I think Hills should be playing as a natural LB. Prosser and Phillips at the back as Barker is a decent player but cant keep going the whole 90 minutes so maybe Prosser on the bench or Barker? Prosser is also the biggest weak link in our team to the hoof ball as seen on Saturday at Rovers I feel.

2. Dave Martin on the bench: Why is sturrock playing Timlin on the wing? Timlin is not a proven winger and yet he keeps playing him there. I also think Martin has been the best out of our January Transfers. Timlin is not one of our stronger midfield players and makes silly errors that have cost us games (Rovers away, Dagenham at home etc...) and also tends to play the hoof ball game.*

Could these be the reasons why were on a dip of form playing weaker players and out of positon?

Welcome to the zone.

No, a couple of player selections doesnt completely explain our dip of form, which has lasted since beginning of December when Martin wasnt even here.

Constantly changing tactics and not sticking to the same team is certainly contributing now though.

As for Timlin playing the hoof ball game, he plays how Sturrock wants him to.

*yawn*

How many more threads do we need debating the same facts? Please, please, PLEASE spend a bit of time reading other threads before starting a new one that's already being/been discussed.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, bit out of sorts for some reason this morning. Oh and welcome by the way,!

*yawn*

How many more threads do we need debating the same facts? Please, please, PLEASE spend a bit of time reading other threads before starting a new one that's already being/been discussed.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, bit out of sorts for some reason this morning. Oh and welcome by the way,!

With one hand she gives....... :stunned:

Watching training on Friday, Hills, Phillips, Barker and Clohessy were doing defending routines under the instruction of Coughlan. So that looked like the back four for Saturday. Can only think that Hills hadn't fully recovered from his injury, so they started with Prosser instead. I'm quite sure that Hills will be the Left Back for the rest of the season if fit.

Barker is a massive liability at the moment, woefully out of form and confidence, and looking slower and slower. That's the main position that needs sorting before the damage is done. Prosser or Mohsni should take that position now. Although not ideal, they must be an improvement on Barker.

Absolutely agree about playing midfielders on the wing, or playing too many players out of position. Especially as we have a very good attack minded winger in Dave Martin.

Oh, and welcome to Shrimperzone Ryan. Keep posting.:thumbsup:

Sorry about repeating threads hadn't seen any like this one, just annoying paying and travelling to watch players hoof the ball and playing out of position! Love reading the threads on here though, interesting points are made, think luggy should sign up and have a look!

Sorry about repeating threads hadn't seen any like this one, just annoying paying and travelling to watch players hoof the ball and playing out of position! Love reading the threads on here though, interesting points are made, think luggy should sign up and have a look!

He came, he saw, then he buggered off again when he realised people's tongues weren't firmly wedged up his Scottish backside.

No worries mate, and as has been said Luggy keeps his beady eye on us. :smile:

Back