• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stupid phrases or expressions

Fat Bastid

Coach
Too many people these days use little expressions or catchphrases during conversation.

Which one gets up your nose?

Personally,......

"The World is Your Oyster", "Cheap as Chips" and "Cheap at Half the Price" are amongst the worst!

Which phrases "Get your Goat?!  
tounge.gif

Recently being bugged by "d'yaknowha'ahmean?" being used as a filler when some airhead doesn't know what he or she means...

Fuggin' teenagers... Bah humbug!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Greenelk @ May 25 2004,17:04)]"You can't say fairer than that" - usually used by salespeople trying to rip you off..
Or similar ones like ' Runs like clockwork' and 'I've got one myself'.

What do they live in a warehouse or something?
rock.gif

I tell you one I hate. When Americans say "I could care less". It doesn't even make sense dammit...
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 25 2004,16:39)]people who use you're instead of your.
Big headed tw*ts who pick holes in peoples posts for no reason but to add to their post tally!
biggrin.gif

I don't like it when people put 'so' in front of every word
e.g ' i so don't like orient'

i mean i don't don't like orient but i'm not sure about the so bit!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper magic @ May 26 2004,08:20)]I don't like it when people put 'so' in front of every word
e.g    ' i so don't like orient'
Yesss!

Like on that stupid programme "Cutting it!"

The annoying ex-wife of Les Dennis, Amanda Holden says it all the bloody time!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 26 2004,08:15)]
[b said:
Big headed tw*ts who pick holes in peoples posts for no reason but to add to their post tally!  
biggrin.gif
Tsk. I so could care less about my post tally, innit

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 26 2004,08:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 26 2004,08:15)]
[b said:
biggrin.gif
Tsk. I so could care less about my post tally, innit
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

'Keepers ball' as made famous by Flavs !

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back