• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

good to hear, although if Bilel get's the hairdryer he'll have hair like Spencer in my sig!

I'd like to hear Sturrock to say that there is now a CB place up for grabs and players will have to earn their place and Moshni won't be a shoe-in when his ban ends. A bit of competition is always good.

I'd like to hear Sturrock to say that there is now a CB place up for grabs and players will have to earn their place and Moshni won't be a shoe-in when his ban ends. A bit of competition is always good.

Agreed. Phillips is close to a comeback by the sounds of it, so if he gets to play before Mohsni's ban ends (is it 3 games?) & does well, he could make it difficult for Bilel to get back in.

I never thought I'd be talking about us having choices at CB. **** me, I think I need to lay down. :dizzy:

Hopefully Moshni will learn from the experience, he probably should have been sent off on Saturday. If he doesn't learn then he'll be a prime target for opposition wind up merchants who'll try and play on his short fuse.

He showed a complete lack of professionalism last night - this has been coming for a few games now.

I am sure Mr Sturrock will castigate him - and then play him again at the first opportunity - he has the potential to be a star don't you know!

He showed a complete lack of professionalism last night - this has been coming for a few games now.

I am sure Mr Sturrock will castigate him - and then play him again at the first opportunity - he has the potential to be a star don't you know!

If he is one of our best players then why shouldn't he be back in the team at the first opportunity?

I think Sturrock is being sensible with Mohsni. He is very keen to learn, so when he ****s up, PS isn't pulling any punches

If he is one of our best players then why shouldn't he be back in the team at the first opportunity?

Agree, just think that after blowing at least four goals for us in recent matches and Mr Sturrock standing by him in saying 'he's only going to learn by playing games', that he let himself and PS dramatically down last night.

Agree, just think that after blowing at least four goals for us in recent matches and Mr Sturrock standing by him in saying 'he's only going to learn by playing games', that he let himself and PS dramatically down last night.

Not only himself, but also the travelling fans and his team mates against a better team his sending off may have proved crucial. However Sturrock is right that the only way he'll learn is through playing, if he then continues to make the same mistakes then Sturrock may have to think again. To be fair I don't have an issue with a player being sent off for tackling (or trying to) as often an official may interpret a fair challenge as a foul, but I do have issues with players who get involved in "handbags" or get themselves sent off for dissent. That's stupidity above and beyond the call of duty.

The red card had been coming, he gets himself involved in a needless scuffle every game, it's a learning curve for him and sometimes you have to learn the hard way.

Nice pics on the OS. First shows him smacking a Barnet player and the next the utter suprise look at being sent off.

Made me think of the old renowned commentary line "Just look at his face, just look at his face" Anyone remember that bit of Barry Davies commentary from the '70's (Franny Lee?)?

Nice pics on the OS. First shows him smacking a Barnet player and the next the utter suprise look at being sent off.

Made me think of the old renowned commentary line "Just look at his face, just look at his face" Anyone remember that bit of Barry Davies commentary from the '70's (Franny Lee?)?

Talking of the 'They Think It's All Over' title sequence, Louis Soares' goal reminded me Geoff Hurst's.

Good! I hope he is infuriated and that he got the cold shoulder from all the team on the way home! Only way he's gonna learn it seems!

Not only himself, but also the travelling fans and his team mates against a better team his sending off may have proved crucial. However Sturrock is right that the only way he'll learn is through playing, if he then continues to make the same mistakes then Sturrock may have to think again. To be fair I don't have an issue with a player being sent off for tackling (or trying to) as often an official may interpret a fair challenge as a foul, but I do have issues with players who get involved in "handbags" or get themselves sent off for dissent. That's stupidity above and beyond the call of duty.

That's where we were missing Barry Corr.

The red card had been coming, he gets himself involved in a needless scuffle every game, it's a learning curve for him and sometimes you have to learn the hard way.

Is it? I understand that it's going to take time for him to learn the harsh reality of lower league football in this country. He was at fault against Northampton for goals that we conceded and it's that side of his game which I guess we're going to have to accept that he's going to make mistakes on as he learns the game. But whether it's your first game or your 500th, surely you should know not to get involved in the kind of confrontation which by all accoutns he got into last night. That isn't learning the game, that's temperament.

I am really starting to like Sturrock! He talks his mind and isn't afraid to spell it out how it is. He backs his team, he lets them know when they are doing well and when they are doing bad and quite frankly integrity is an important key behaviour for any manager!

Back