• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attended every march and protest and remember thinking how embarrassed I was by the amount of fans who didn’t show up and were quite happy to do **** all against the worst owner in English football.

Maybe if 80% of the protesters weren't youths covering their faces, more people would've taken part?

Maybe if the protest didn't start outside Ron's house... Require a train to Southend Central and then a mile walk to the stadium...

The blame isn't on those who didn't take part, it's on poor organisation.

Why should I show up to a protest when the organiser won't even reveal their identity? Should I walk off a cliff because they say so too?

Why should I listen to someone who stays behind post-match to shout abuse at Stan - a man who is most likely the reason we still exist today.

Contradicted yourself a bit there. Your saying Ron’s selling now because he’s skint, which is true.

But if the fan base had United 2-3 years ago when things were getting worse and worse and decided to boycott back then Ron would have been skint a lot quicker and could have forced his hand back then, meaning we could have been under decent owners a lot lot sooner now and we might not have been where we are now. Worked for Charlton and Blackpool and probably would have worked for us too.

Instead as I said, too many fans have just sat back and done absolutely nothing and let Ron just ruin the club.

Think your find that you’re the deluded one!
You're making huge assumptions that whoever takes over will be better, have better funds etc.

It's easy to say 'anyone will be better' and 'it can't be any worse', but it actually could be. Just hope that won't be the case.

We'll find out find out eventually.

Twas an interesting start to the press conference, as others have picked up the comment about it being quite a day suggests lots going on in the background. Indeed he also said that the estate agents were appointed on Thursday. The companies House notice was put on website Friday, but was effective, I think, last Tuesday. I'd imagine it's been quite a week so wonder what happened on Friday for his initial comment!

As others have also picked up, it didn't seem like the read statement were his words. I wonder if there was some ultimatum in the week/Friday?

Twas an interesting start to the press conference, as others have picked up the comment about it being quite a day suggests lots going on in the background. Indeed he also said that the estate agents were appointed on Thursday. The companies House notice was put on website Friday, but was effective, I think, last Tuesday. I'd imagine it's been quite a week so wonder what happened on Friday for his initial comment!

As others have also picked up, it didn't seem like the read statement were his words. I wonder if there was some ultimatum in the week/Friday?
Ron definitely seemed uncomfortable reading the statement but more like his confident self after that. Hopefully there are things already going on and we won't have to wait too long for news.

It strikes me as a fire sale , hopefully someone can match what Ron wants.
I think the plan was to sell later. But as Rigsby says there appears to be serious interest now which has encouraged him to bring plans forward. I’m sure the rate of the losses and his struggles to fund the money has combined with this to get things moving.

He will of course say it might take months (code for not fire sell I can wait) but if he has a potential bidder now then he needs to open up a competitive process to max the sale price.

Thins is this agency already has buyers looking for clubs. The fact the club would be up for sale is no secret. And Ron and Stan independently have know these guys for ages. Put all that together then things may move surprisingly quickly

Maybe if 80% of the protesters weren't youths covering their faces, more people would've taken part?

Maybe if the protest didn't start outside Ron's house... Require a train to Southend Central and then a mile walk to the stadium...

The blame isn't on those who didn't take part, it's on poor organisation.

Why should I show up to a protest when the organiser won't even reveal their identity? Should I walk off a cliff because they say so too?

Why should I listen to someone who stays behind post-match to shout abuse at Stan - a man who is most likely the reason we still exist today.
It wasn’t only youths attending and organising these protests.

I’m sorry but it could’ve been the most organised and professional of protests and yet half the old farts would still not support it as they just don’t want to support any form of protests

Just for the record, I didn’t agree with those protestors who confronted Stan in that way. I’ve always said Stan has and continues to be a great asset to the club.

Last edited:
You're making huge assumptions that whoever takes over will be better, have better funds etc.

It's easy to say 'anyone will be better' and 'it can't be any worse', but it actually could be. Just hope that won't be the case.

We'll find out find out eventually.
Oh come on, please don’t tell me you’re serious?

Anything would be an improvement on Ron the Con. He’s not going to let the club go for cheap so whoever takes over will have very deep pockets i’m sure, but either way I’ll definitely take my chances over Ron any day of the week thanks

Oh come on, please don’t tell me you’re serious?

Anything would be an improvement on Ron the Con. He’s not going to let the club go for cheap so whoever takes over will have very deep pockets i’m sure, but either way I’ll definitely take my chances over Ron any day of the week thanks

Whilst I don't think it'll be worse, at least initially, you only have to look at the number of clubs that have been in administration over the past 10, 20 years to see there have been plenty of owners around that would arguably be worse than Ron. Hopefully the process will land us a decent owner, but there is no guarantee

Seems those that protested will twist this as a success from their protesting and those who don't agree with the protests will say this is purely because Ron has no money and has finally reached the end of what he can do. I think the latter more likely however whatever your agenda please keep it friendly and not insult each other because IF Ron does sell it is definitely a time to be united!

I’m sorry but it could’ve been the most organised and professional of protests and yet half the old farts would still not support it as they just support any form of protest

Just for the record, I didn’t agree with those protestors who confronted Stan in that way. I’ve always said Stan has and continues to be a great asset to the club.
So who do you consider are old farts? Personally I find your post a bit offensive and arrogant.

I’m sorry but it could’ve been the most organised and professional of protests and yet half the old farts would still not support it as they just don’t want to support any form of protests

'Old farts' - and you don't see the problem...

I didn't say only youths attended the protests, I said 80%. Look at that front row, not a GCSE between them. (Respect to them for showing their opinion though)

Everyone is for peaceful protests, but covering your face for what? Hiding your identity from who?

What doesn't help is in the 2021 protests, the organisers didn't even show up! I wouldn't be surprised that some thought because that was a damp squib, every other protest would be a waste of time/effort.

Attachments

• download (17).jpeg
    download (17).jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 61
  • _methode_times_prod_web_bin_26e8093c-aed1-11ed-91ef-347dcf6a25f6.jpeg
    _methode_times_prod_web_bin_26e8093c-aed1-11ed-91ef-347dcf6a25f6.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Is anyone going to do anything about this bloke and his post?

Anything would be an improvement on Ron the Con.
I have 2 words that brilliantly demonstrate that no matter how bad something may appear to be, it's not always the case that literally ANYTHING would be better than before.

Liz Truss.

I have 2 words that brilliantly demonstrate that no matter how bad something may appear to be, it's not always the case that literally ANYTHING would be better than before.

Liz Truss.
How can you compare the two? Ron Martin has been the worst chairman this club has ever had, despite the few successes the guy has had. He’s put the club on the brink of extinction for his own personal fortune.

He hasn’t got a pot to **** it and constantly lies to employees, suppliers and fans.

Anything would be better than this crook and liar of a man.

Comparing him to Liz Truss is laughable.

How can you compare the two? Ron Martin has been the worst chairman this club has ever had, despite the few successes the guy has had. He’s put the club on the brink of extinction for his own personal fortune.

He hasn’t got a pot to **** it and constantly lies to employees, suppliers and fans.

Anything would be better than this crook and liar of a man.

Comparing him to Liz Truss is laughable.
I agree Liz is much worse

Liz Truss.
I raise you Vic Jobson plenty were glad to see the back of Vic careful what you wish for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back