• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not convinced this is the best metric, the Stan follow.

Otherwise we are signing an awful lot of players including the likes of Billy Bingham, Josh Rees and Liam McAlinden to name three from NL!
I agree, just thought it might be worth the mention considering Little’s role as an AM/second striker which we could do with

Alex Whittle could/should be one of interest. Just left Chesterfield, really impressed for them last season so perhaps a few clubs interested.

Is there a rush to bring in players .Most players who are either out of contract .Or having there last year and looking for a move .Looking at both new signings they wont be joining the club untill the first of july .So just maybe and targets we may be looking at will have the same time limit before they can join any club ..Just a thought

Is there a rush to bring in players .Most players who are either out of contract .Or having there last year and looking for a move .Looking at both new signings they wont be joining the club untill the first of july .So just maybe and targets we may be looking at will have the same time limit before they can join any club ..Just a thought
No rush as such, no. Correct, anyone we sign who is put of contract at another club can't officially join us until 1st July, and if we're interested enough in a player that the Football Dept. thinks it's worth playing the long game to get them then fair enough. But there's no doubt that it's beneficial for player and club to have that certainty early on and certainly before the start of pre-season training.

No rush as such, no. Correct, anyone we sign who is put of contract at another club can't officially join us until 1st July, and if we're interested enough in a player that the Football Dept. thinks it's worth playing the long game to get them then fair enough. But there's no doubt that it's beneficial for player and club to have that certainty early on and certainly before the start of pre-season training.

Out of interest, does anyone know when the players are due in for Pre-season?

I'd love to see Armani Little and Lapata at southend next season.

Both are a cut above what we have.

Fwiw I'd go all out for a permanent deal for Lapata. Id make him captain and offer a 3 year deal.

Both of those players are the type you need if you genuinely hope to make a proper go at the autos.
Łopata would make a great captain IMO

Notts County did a teaser early today hinting they had signed a 30-goal a season striker. Lots of their fans thought it was Rutherford, but it was Langstaff from Gateshead. Rutherford is apparently on holiday judging by some replies and a tweet yesterday by him.

Stan also follows Rutherford on Twitter. I know this isn't a fool proof "we are interested in him", but I think recent follows might show these players are on our list but we may not make a move for several reasons or the player may not accept for several reasons.

Notts County did a teaser early today hinting they had signed a 30-goal a season striker. Lots of their fans thought it was Rutherford, but it was Langstaff from Gateshead. Rutherford is apparently on holiday judging by some replies and a tweet yesterday by him.

Stan also follows Rutherford on Twitter. I know this isn't a fool proof "we are interested in him", but I think recent follows might show these players are on our list but we may not make a move for several reasons or the player may not accept for several reasons.
I thought Rutherford failed a medical with us?

I thought Rutherford failed a medical with us?
I'm not "in the know" or know the intricate details of transfers, but as far as I'm aware you can't pass or fail a medical. It is more of a test to see where the player is physically. If he did fail, then it was more likely that we didn't think he would be worth the risk.

Some saying on here that it could also be down to insurance premiums due to a heart condition he had as a teenager.

Gillingham have signed Will Wright from Dagenham. Not that he was heavily linked with us, but I wonder if that means they might not be interested in Lopata or Lomas (if they ever were) anymore. Complete speculation of course.
Was about to post this. One to put to bed.

FWIW, when he was mentioned as a target we were still languishing around the relegation zone and the Kev and John Still had both barely gotten their feet under the table. I'm sure he was a name mentioned by Still as he knew him from Daggers, as a potential quick signing to strengthen. Now that he and his scouts have been out watching games for 6 months, I'd say Wright probably slipped down the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back