• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Summer Transfers

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
In the same way as we had a thread for players being released, we should have one for any transfers that catch the eye!
wink.gif

Barnsley have today signed Paul Hayes
sad.gif
and Richard Kell from Scunthorpe and Brian Howard from Swindon. I suppose it's good news for us as it weakens Scunny considerably.

Richard Butcher has followed Simon Yeo out of Lincoln by signing for Oldham.

Bristol City have made 2 decent looking signings after bringing Alex Russell in from Torquay and signing Matt Heywood from Swindon. Grant Smith has also left Swindon, also joining Bristol City.

Good call, Andy. Is this the designated "silly season" thread (i.e. everyone who's remotely linked to us), or just a report on transfers to fellow League One rivals and/or other teams with which we may have an interest (e.g. League Two)?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 03 2005,11:07)]just a report on transfers to fellow League One rivals and/or other teams with which we may have an interest (e.g. League Two)?
Yep, that's what I was thinking. Still seems a bit strange looking for who's going where in League 1 though! It's going to take some getting used to!
cool.gif

Oxford have today signed Billy Turley. Why, who knows!?

Scunthorpe have signed Stockport Captain Jim Goodwin.

Meanwhile it looks as if Chris Moore's move to Hull is off. I wonder if Tilly might resurrect his interest in him now? It turns out might have been only a 'nominal' fee that the Daggers accepted.

I know im so youst to looking at league 2 and realizing hey, we got promoted. I love it. Wycombe maybe the team to watch tho...

Well, the PFA's player directory of all those players available on transfers this summer is now up & running on their website, http://www.givemefootball.com

Notable players on the list include:

*Alton Thelwell, Hull City
*Tony Barness, Bolton Wanderers
*Antony (Tommy?) Jaszczun, Northampton Town
*Ben Futcher, Lincoln City
*Bruce Dyer, Watford
*Chris Greenacre, Stoke City
*Ciaran Toner, Lincoln City
*Danny Granville, Crystal Palace
*Darren Wrack, Wallsall
*Darryl Powell, Sheffield Wednesday
*Dougie Freedman, Crystal Palace
*Drissa Diallo, Ipswich Town
*Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Lincoln City
*Gifton Noel-Williams, Stoke City
*Guy Ipoua, Doncaster Rovers
*Hector Sam, Wrexham
*James Scowcroft, Leicester City
*Jamie Slabber, Tottenham Hostpur
*Jean Valois, Burnley
*Jermain Easter, Boston United
*John Oster, Burnley
*Leo Bertos, Rochdale
*Lloyd Owusu, Reading
*Marc Edworthy, Norwich City
*Matt Tipton, Macclesfield Town
*Shaka Hislop, Portsmouth
*Nathan Abbey, Boston United
*Nikos Dabizas, Leicester City
*Ritchie Humphreys, Hartlepool United

So, any of those we should be checking out...?

rock.gif

Matt

Boston have today signed Gavin Johnson from C********r and more interestingly, Noel Whelan from Aberdeen.

A transfer that hit home how we've progressed is that of the fact we'll be coming up against Marcus Stewart this season, who has joined Bristol City from Sunderland.

What a strikeforce Leroy Lita and Marcus Stewart could be! Plus Steven Brooker for backup!

wow.gif

They've also signed Grant Smith from Swindon who's a good player (left winger), and Alex Russell from Torquay (central midfielder). They'll be my favourites for the title, with Oldham as my surprise package.

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ June 06 2005,22:48)]What a strikeforce Leroy Lita and Marcus Stewart could be! Plus Steven Brooker for backup!
ghostface.gif

Holy crap... that really is a step up in class, isn't it?!

oops.gif

I reckon Spinner & Adam will have to be on their toes next season, along with a fit-again Lewis Hunt and either Che or another left back...

Matt

Ben Futcher's just signed a 2 year deal with Boston (source BBC Sport), it looks like they are really trying to live up to last summer's transfer activity.

All of us who were in Cardiff maybe witnessed the final stand of the Lincoln Towers. I just keep hearing Nelson Munz's laugh over & over!!!
tounge.gif

Brentford have today signed Ricky Newman on a free transfer from Reading. This follows the capture of prolific non-league striker DJ Campbell.

Back