• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunderland away

IANichols

Youth Team
If your thinking of going to Sunderland on 17th Feb, log onto Easyjet now, just booked my flight £55 inc taxes Stansted to Newcastle return (flight time 50mins) there is a Metro train that runs from the airport to the Stadium of Light. Its the best and easiest way to get there. Personally I am going to stay overnight, Newcastle is a cracking night out.

Anyone else going just let us know I can give you the names of some decent cheap hotels in town for you sleep over before flight home on Sunday

Who have Sunderland got in the 3rd round of the cup?

i ve been up to stadium of sh!te 4 times now.. with west ham....

i checked flights for this game back in november and they were no cheaper than 70 quid.... so thats a good find and i checked easyjet!!

train is cheap if u have a rail card. i think i may make the journey its a real good day out but then each of those 4 years i have sat in an exec box...

got the option this year free food and booze call me mad i think i may sit in away end... if you want to see me and i am in box i will be box nearest away end...

big following going up there to see one of the best stadiums around?

Had a great night in Newcastle last year. Wish I could go to the Sunderland game but I'll be back at uni in Exeter and it's not so cheap or easy to get up there
sad.gif

stayed over in durham thaat was a great night out last year...

there is a flight out for 11.99 on the morning of the game 8 am

and flight back at 8pm for 15.99!!!!

DO IT!! i'll do it if there is anyone to share a cab with to the airport after the game?

was chatting bout this at work this morning gonna have 2 wait till both teams go out of the FA CUP to book the flights!
Never know we cud be in the 5th round and wont be playing sunderland on a saturday! Lovely Tuesday Night Game
sad.gif

I will be quite happy if we were to lose to Barnsley, and Sunderland were to lose against Preston. Alternatively, I'll settle for us drawing Newcastle away in the 5th Round. Or Sunderland themselves, or Boro.

I'm going up by car. Staying with my ex in Gateshead. Supposed to be a fantastic stadium.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (IANichols @ Jan. 03 2007,17:02)]If your thinking of going to Sunderland on 17th Feb, log onto Easyjet now, just booked my flight £55 inc taxes Stansted to Newcastle return (flight time 50mins) there is a Metro train that runs from the airport to the Stadium of Light. Its the best and easiest way to get there. Personally I am going to stay overnight, Newcastle is a cracking night out.

Anyone else going just let us know I can give you the names of some decent cheap hotels in town for you sleep over before flight home on Sunday
Hate to say this but I managed to booked my flights a while ago for £30 return including taxes and had the choice of flying times I can still have a lie in bed as the flight does not leave stansted until 11 am!

Am only hoping the next round of the FA cup does not fall on this date. However, Easyjet will transfer flights for a small fee (I beleive it is £15)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tinkerbell @ Jan. 03 2007,20:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (IANichols @ Jan. 03 2007,17:02)]If your thinking of going to Sunderland on 17th Feb, log onto Easyjet now, just booked my flight £55 inc taxes Stansted to Newcastle return (flight time 50mins) there is a Metro train that runs from the airport to the Stadium of Light. Its the best and easiest way to get there. Personally I am going to stay overnight, Newcastle is a cracking night out.

Hate to say this but I  managed to booked my flights a while ago for £30 return including taxes and had the choice of flying times I can still have a lie in bed as the flight does not leave stansted until 11 am!

Am only hoping the next round of the FA cup does not fall on this date. However, Easyjet will transfer flights for a small fee (I beleive it is £15)
It's 5th round day. Keep up!

Back