• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunderland pitch invasion

I remember beating Derby 3-2 on the last game of the season and climbing the fencing in the North Bank, getting black tar all over my Southend shirt. Went off on the pitch, I got sprayed with pepper spray and ended up on Crime watch being shown walking across the pitch getting sprayed. Happy days lol

I was on the pitch as well. Luckily didn't get sprayed tho. The guy running across the pitch doing the spraying was a Southend fan. He was trying to spray the Derby lot that came on for a punch up, but he sprayed both sets of fans.

I was on the pitch as well. Luckily didn't get sprayed tho. The guy running across the pitch doing the spraying was a Southend fan. He was trying to spray the Derby lot that came on for a punch up, but he sprayed both sets of fans.

I had heard something to that effect. Was he a big bloke? I remember watching Crime watch and seeing myself and a bog bloke walking past. Incidentally, the programme was rubbish as it said Derby won the game

I had heard something to that effect. Was he a big bloke? I remember watching Crime watch and seeing myself and a bog bloke walking past. Incidentally, the programme was rubbish as it said Derby won the game

He was tall, medium weight with blonde hair. I know his face but not his name. Still see him about nowadays. The video on youtube may have been taken down.

I remember beating Derby 3-2 on the last game of the season and climbing the fencing in the North Bank, getting black tar all over my Southend shirt. Went off on the pitch, I got sprayed with pepper spray and ended up on Crime watch being shown walking across the pitch getting sprayed. Happy days lol

Edit.... We beat Derby 4-3, not 3-2

Blow that, I remember that day well.
Watching Derby running across the pitch and climbing over the riot fences and into the North Bank.

There was a big old crush getting on the pitch on the whistle from the w block.

Remember the derby game well. Kicked off and I got pulled up into the main stand with the players. Happy days

I love it on here. Only on Shrimperzone, could we have a thread started about the Southend pitch invasion against Sunderland, and end up with the Regime change in Iran.

In my defence , I invaded the pitch to protest about the possible regime change in Iran but got drowned out by idiots celebrating our last gasp survival

Go on then, you know you want to watch a bit again. This one has BBC Essex commentary thrown in, and the best dressing room celebrations at the end. Quite quick, and will make you happy.

Last edited:
Nope, it was stolen

Talking of stolen, someone stole Stephen Humphrys mark 2 mask that he wore against Sunderland. A bit mean, as not only did it cost a few hundred as it was specially made to fit, but that image of him is now iconic, and would have been a nice keepsake for him. The first mask kept moving on his face going over his eyes, so he kept adjusting it in play, driving him mad. So the second, a better fit one was made as he was expected to play some part against Sunderland.

Talking of stolen, someone stole Stephen Humphrys mark 2 mask that he wore against Sunderland. A bit mean, as not only did it cost a few hundred as it was specially made to fit, but that image of him is now iconic, and would have been a nice keepsake for him. The first mask kept moving on his face going over his eyes, so he kept adjusting it in play, driving him mad. So the second, a better fit one was made as he was expected to play some part against Sunderland.

Now that is damn right bloody rude. Its one thing having a short but to take something that gives him protection from his injuries sustained while putting his body on the line for the team is a joke

Back