• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunderland

RobM.

Manager
4 straight league defeats, out of the Carling after being reduced to 10 men after 4 minutes to...Bury, bottom of league 2! A bury player was sent off for his goal celebrations! Maybe the Sunderland defence should have been dismissed for being...er..not great!

Did the chairman pay up his contract?
biggrin.gif

Quinn said they are going to appoint a 'World Class' manager... gonna be very interesting.

(Anyone notice how much Niall Quinn scratches his neck in an interview? Nervous tension or what?!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ Aug. 22 2006,22:04)]4 straight league defeats, out of the Carling after being reduced to 10 men after 4 minutes to...Bury, bottom of league 2! A bury player was sent off for his goal celebrations! Maybe the Sunderland defence should have been dismissed for being...er..not great!

And to top it all off, after it seeming like a done deal I see that Kevin Phillips snubbed them and went to West Brom instead.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Aug. 23 2006,10:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ Aug. 22 2006,22:04)]4 straight league defeats, out of the Carling after being reduced to 10 men after 4 minutes to...Bury, bottom of league 2! A bury player was sent off for his goal celebrations! Maybe the Sunderland defence should have been dismissed for being...er..not great!

And to top it all off, after it seeming like a done deal I see that  Kevin Phillips snubbed them and went to West Brom instead.
He promised after our game on Saturday that Phillips would be signed by the beginning of this week.

He has also promised that this "world-class" manager will be appointed by the weekend. Surely any manager would be having second thoughts about going to a club in freefall?

oops.gif

Looks like being Roy Keane...

Sunderland are a joke! How can Roy Keane be called a 'World Class Manager' when he isnt even a manager yet!!!!!??

Niall Quinn is nuts...

Keane is going to be a useless manager, and Sunderland are going to drop straight through this division.

Quinn, you need to do more that sack yourself, I think topping yourself would be moreon the money mate!!

cool.gif

On the contrary I would bet that Sunderland finish above Southend this season.

Every single manager that has ever lived has started off with no experience. Even Steve Tilson. Or Brian Clough. Or Alex Ferguson. The latter two, of course, being the managers Roy served under - not bad people to have picked managerial tips up from, I'd imagine.

Keane's first appointment, Brian Kidd as his assistant, seems very shrewd. Someone experienced as a No. 2 and not without a little success.

The very thing the Sunderland squad need is someone kicking their arses, pushing them on, getting more and more, not suffering fools, rather than having someone like Niall Quinn, who is so laid back as to be horizontal.

If Sunderland strengthen their squad further before the transfer deadline, and get the injection of confidence needed by any team at any level, they will prove a number of people on this thread wrong.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 28 2006,12:57)]You make it sound like your a Sunderland fan ...
I woudn't quite go that far. I just take exception to one or 2 people spouting total sh!te and presenting it as fact. Even something to back up an opinion, like some others on here, would be nice.

Or should I just tow the party line and only have an in-depth knowledge of, and only be interested by, Southend? You make it sound like you're trying to score some petty points .....

Unless I'm mistaken and this forum isn't meant to be about other league clubs?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Aug. 28 2006,23:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 28 2006,12:57)]You make it sound like your a Sunderland fan ...
I woudn't quite go that far.  I just take exception to one or 2 people spouting total sh!te and presenting it as fact.  Even something to back up an opinion, like some others on here, would be nice.points .....

Or should I just tow the party line and only have an in-depth knowledge of, and only be interested by, Southend?  You make it sound like you're trying to score some petty
Unless I'm mistaken and this forum isn't meant to be about other league clubs?
Oo.gif

Now, now. No need for point scoring. I knew you have a interest in t'Mackems so i just thought i'd have a little dig and you got all protective over it!

wink.gif

And for the record, Sunderland will finish above us this season and so they bloody well should!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Sep. 05 2006,09:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Sep. 05 2006,09:02)]And for the record, Sunderland will finish above us this season and so they bloody well should!
you make it sound like you're a Sunderland fan
I am ...

ghostface.gif
biggrin.gif

Back