• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Evening Echo

The News
Match report: Swindon Town 0, Southend United 0

SOUTHEND United started 2017 with a 0-0 draw at Swindon Town this afternoon.

More...

Get your reports and ratings here! A point away from home, good or bad, the beat goes on!

Is this good is this bad, from out here in the woods, and not seeing the game, i have to say its an away point, thats got to be good.

Fortune still looking for his first league goal with us then !

Another point and the run extended,all good on the Southend front.

Looked a bit leggy especially Wordsworth.
We had three good chances to score....didn't.
7s all round. No lack of effort but a lack of final third quality. When mcgaughlin not in the side you realise how good his crossing/passing/finishing is compared to others.
A week to rest and prepare for sheff Utd.
Not a disaster but Swindon were there for the taking today
MOM Anton 'next page Ferdinand...oozes quality.

It's so vital not to get beat and to keep putting points on the board.

Today we take a point. My worry is that we have a very very tough fixture list with bolton sheffield utd rochdale Scunny coming soon. It's games like today where 3 points could be crucial.

Fortune still looking for his first league goal with us then !

Another point and the run extended,all good on the Southend front.

If you went to games you would know that Fortune's main role is to hold the ball up and bring others in to play.

It's his first league games since September 2015, hopefully it's out of the way for him, big performance from either Hine or McGlashan in next 3 weeks! I think transfer is vital if we want to push on!

A game that didn't warm me up..............and I was sitting inside! From afar there were a number of questions concerning what I heard on BP today. Young Smith made one or two good saves in the first-half , yet the second-half he didn't sound too assured and made a few decisions it would appear he was lucky to get away with..........put it down to experience.....or rather inexperience? Just how much are we going to miss McLaughlin??? McGlashan didn't appear to grab his opportunity this afternoon and Hines sounded a bit more threatening...... it is after all his first participation in the team. Don't know whether Cox and Fortune worked that well today, we certainly didn't appear to create too much and Ranger appeared to be limping at the end.:sad: Undoubtedly we tired, yet we didn't sound too sharp from the off. Perhaps the Charlton game really took a lot out of us. Whist it's another away point and maintainence of the unbeaten record, two points in two games against a poor Swindon outfit (they didn't sound as good as they were when I saw them at the Hall), is perhaps a bit disappointing considering the standards we are now setting ourselves. Whilst every good side has a poor game from time to time some are questioning the depth of quality in the squad. I don't know the answer to that question but it should certainly become clearer by the end of January's fixtures. It also begs the question whether the squad will be strengthened during the transfer window.

Ok sorry,I understand now,,the forward mustn't score,OK gotcha.

I doubt you will take any notice, but I'll say it anyway. I, and probably everyone else on this board, know your views on Fortune and I understand you are entitled to your opinion, but there comes a time when it comes close to trolling. For my part you have reached that point. Your opinion on Fortune's lack of goals is only very vaguely to do with match reports and ratings, but that's only my opinion but it would be really good if you could just take a breather on the Fortune bashing front.

Last edited:

You're a joke. I notice you couldn't even muster a reply to my valid point about someone like Gianfranco Zola at Chelsea who failed to hit double figures in 5 of his 7 seasons and was hailed as world class. Get off your a**e and go to games and then maybe (just maybe) you won't talk such utter tripe and you'll gain some respect on here. Fortune has been fantastic since he arrived and has created an abundance of chances for others, those that actually support the club both vocally and financially know that.

EDIT: Sorry guys, just seen the "Don't Feed The Troll" sign on my way out - my bad.... :smile:

You weren't at the game so don't bother making negative comments that are based on one stat as though it's the only way to judge a player, it just makes you look stupid. A number of players out there were guilty of missing chances they should've scored but Fortune wasn't one of them, mainly because he was the one playing a key role in holding the ball up and making the pass that got the ball into areas that gave other players the chance to score.

Cox, Hines, Demetriou and McGlashan all had much better chances to score so if you're going to moan about anyone moan at them. (Not that any player deserves to be monaed at in our current run of form)

Last edited:
Just back from the game with mixed emotions. On the way there we were of the view it should be 3 points on the road for us, and we certainly had the beating of them. That said I reckon I would be more peeved at not winning if I was a Swindon fan today. They are in a relegation scrap and if they knew how to finish they would have won today, so in that respect it's a point gained.
I noticed some talk about "sexy football", and yes there are times it creates chances for us, however there are many other times around the box when I would just like to see us have a shot and test the keeper.

Stop rising to the bait folks, many voices opposed to lone whinges from afar...Fortune will prove his worth.

Absolute drain ! Complete and utter waste of internet useage ..

Get . A . Life .. or better yet, a new club / forum to troll !

Back