• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ Sunday Night Quiz - Festive Xmas Special

When is the best date to hold the Xmas quiz?

• Sunday December 28 @8:30pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK fellow regular quizzers.
I know we said we would take a bit of a break from the usual Sunday night quiz slot but me & the Mrs were discussing whether or not we should come up with a special festive Xmas quiz, to be held sometime in December.

I've heard from Kay that she spoke to SZ's very own Nicholas Parsons at the game yesterday and he felt it was a good idea.

So, does anybody have any preference as to when we do the quiz? I think we'll again go for a 8:30 start (if there's any TV clashes, just record it or catch up with it on the iPlayer!!!) Also, maybe bear in mind we play at the MK Donuts on Sun Dec 28 too.

Vote as per the options!
Ta

Last edited:
Not really too bothered, the Sunday before Christmas might be quite good to allow those going to MK to get home, depends who is going to be working during the week that might want to join in I guess.

Don't know if John'll like the Nicholas Parsons association - doesn't he wear fishnets and suspenders quite often?!!

Not really too bothered, the Sunday before Christmas might be quite good to allow those going to MK to get home, depends who is going to be working during the week that might want to join in I guess.

Don't know if John'll like the Nicholas Parsons association - doesn't he wear fishnets and suspenders quite often?!!

Yeah, might be a struggle here :stunned:

I have gone for a week night Rich, as my weekend diary upto xmas is fully booked.
It may be a problem for the 21st as I know John is out that evening as am I.

Is the theme going to be chrismassey?

Well, I found it funny.....

.... there I was, I'd got the diary out, was about to give really serious thought to what date to go for, and then I read all of the poll options. Thanks Glasgow for making it easy for me to decide which one to go for!!

But, excuse me, Brettie Angell??????????? Who do you think you are? I would have expected MK Shrimper to have chosen my specially reserved option as we are such intense rivals in this game ;), but Brettie Angell? Are you 'avin a laff??

Anyway, as for dates, the 21st would probably be my preferred option, as from the 28th to the 1st I shall be in Belgium.

Cue mad rush for everyone to decide how jolly convenient it would be to do it on Monday 29th..... :'(

Back