• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZFC Football Tournament at Cupids.

Fort Utd are in Division 1.

IIRC The last 4 were 2 from the Prem, 1 from Div1 and 1 from Div 3.

I do not think anyone is skirting around the facts just that we wanted to wait until all the results had been published on here.

Last edited:
It was done World Cup stylee

i.e. there were group stages and then a knock out of QF - SF and Final.

And each Group was done via a seeding process.

What I will say, is despite the rustiness to the performance of the teams this was just another example of what this club can do when it puts its mind to it, and follows up from the successful "Sunrise to Sunset" Charity football match we held earlier this year.

A tremendous effort from all involved, which helped raise a decent sum for the club and means we may be able to replace the 3s kit which we've had from our first season in the Sceptre league 6 years ago!!!

A special thanks to Mark for co-ordinating this event, and to Kev, Em and Stoj for their involvement before the event. On the day a great effort on the BBQ from Cricko, Sam and Jackie as well as SZFCs new No1 fan in the form of OBL who has now helped us out in our past two events.

All in all another successful day for the club, if not the teams!!

I must admit it got to about 10.15am and Me and Mark realised we had to actually go and actually play football - well attempt to - after sorting all the teams and ref's out etc...

Was a really good day - even if the 1/4's, 1/2's and finale did seem to take forever!

Kev

Well done to all who ran the event. To say i'm nursing a hangover today is a massive understatement! Think i was in bed by 8 last night and slept all the way through till 6.30 this morning lol.

As some of you know, i pulled/torn my hamstring yesterday. Now i never thought i was quick enough to do any damage to that part of the leg so it took me by surprise when it felt like somebody had shot me in the back of my leg! Does anyone know if its worth going up the hospital for as i'm in a lot of pain today?

Does anyone know if its worth going up the hospital for as i'm in a lot of pain today?

No mate you need to follow RICE, I did this after tearing my calf last year,

Rest
Ice - Ice packs/frozen peas applied to the affected area
Compression - Get some tubigrip and wear that for the next week.
Elevation - Put your leg up, seems strange but I did this and the physio reckoned this really helped me to heal so quickly.

Depending how badly damaged the days/weeks to recover differs.

Until the swelling has gone down not much the hospital or any other medical person can do.

Rest
Elevation - Put your leg up, seems strange but I did this and the physio reckoned this really helped me to heal so quickly.

Until the swelling has gone down not much the hospital or any other medical person can do.

Indeed. It might take up to a week for the swelling to go down enough for anyone to be able to tell how serious it is, a scan won't show anything clearly at this stage. Do RICE and see how it is in a few days. You could maybe head up to your GP if you're still crippled and they'll give you a hospital referral but even if you head up to the hospital there is little they can do, it's important to rest it for a while

Cheers guys. I will take your advice and try it out. Fingers crossed i won't be out for too long

Do the rice then go to hospital. Tell them you sit at a desk all day and depending on the severity look forward to a 3 week sicknote. My old bosses particularly enjoyed that one. Having said that mine was one down from an op and I didn't sleep a wink for the first three days. Admittedly I didn't take the getting ****ed route.

Rest

Elevation isn't really that strange. What happens basically when you tear a muscle is that the blood flow and fluid flow increases to the place to make sure all the nutrients that need to get there get there to start the healing process.

Unfortunately because once these injuries happen you don't move properly, the normal muscle contractions that would force these fluid back into the blood/lymphatic system doesn't happen so the fluid sits around and all the bad bits that have been damaged don't get taken away. You raise it, gravity helps. Simples.

Stevey. if You can ice the area 15 mins every hour of the day. try and walk on it normally but don't do anything more strenuous then walking and try not to walk too much. ALthough walking in theory will help the swelling slightly, too much walking will irritate the area and all that fluid will start flooding back to the area again. I will havea look at it if i see you next weekend and give you some exercises to do.

Back