• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Take The Test

I did.Ever heard of the right to a fair trial?

What about fairness, when it comes to the innocent victims of terrorism?...no doubt you would find it a great comfort if you lost a loved one to a terrorist atrocity, that the people who did it were going to get a fair trial!

What about fairness, when it comes to the innocent victims of terrorism?...no doubt you would find it a great comfort if you lost a loved one to a terrorist atrocity, that the people who did it were going to get a fair trial!

Wouldn't you want the guilty people to be prosecuted, or would just anybody do? We went down that road with Birmingham 6.

Wouldn't you want the guilty people to be prosecuted, or would just anybody do? We went down that road with Birmingham 6.
Eh?....you've lost me, you seem to be arguing for a fair trial then cite one that wasn't!

97% Conservative.

would anyone have answered no to this:

Should the UK deport immigrants who are considered to be promoting terrorism?

I did.Ever heard of the right to a fair trial?

I guess that depends on your interpretation of the question. I voted yes because I assumed that the question meant that they had already been convicted of promoting terrorism.

Everyone deserves a fair, unbiased trial Cal, no matter how repulsive the crime.

Unfortunately Paul, trials only come after crime....I am advocating booting them out before they are committed.

Should the UK deport immigrants who are considered to be promoting terrorism?...was what steveo quoted in his original post, then barna introduced the fair trial angle, which is only relevant after crime has happened.

Should be illegal to "preach" terrorism as some have done in the past. The likes of Abu Hamza should have been kicked out years ago.

Should be illegal to "preach" terrorism as some have done in the past. The likes of Abu Hamza should have been kicked out years ago.

Although there is an argument to say that keeping him here allowed the security services plenty of time to build files on the people that attended his sermons.

Although there is an argument to say that keeping him here allowed the security services plenty of time to build files on the people that attended his sermons.

While indoctrinating others with the bile from his mouth....what's the saying....keep your friends close but your enemies closer? You have to ask the question, with the rise of "home grown" Islamic terror participants, would it have happened if he hadn't have been allowed to speak his mind?

Are you thinking from the point of view so they can be booted out too?...if so I like it.

Are you thinking from the point of view so they can be booted out too?...if so I like it.

What if they are a British Citizen, where are they going to be booted out to? This thread appears to be going off at a tangent.

Labour 95%
Lib Dem 92%
SNP 88%
Green 86%
Plaid Cymru 82%
BNP 28%
UKIP 18%
Conservatives 16%

But then I won't be voting in the next GE, as my votes counts for diddly squat & I refuse to legitimise what I view to be a completely corrupt system.

While indoctrinating others with the bile from his mouth....what's the saying....keep your friends close but your enemies closer? You have to ask the question, with the rise of "home grown" Islamic terror participants, would it have happened if he hadn't have been allowed to speak his mind?

That's basically it, yes. I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying people were arguing it at the time...

I side with Liberal Democrats on most political issues.

Now that's a surprise! Well, it's quite interesting for me to see, that with age and 25 years outside the UK, I still have broadly the same views.

Lib 77%
Lab 74%
Green 69%
SNP 67%
PC 58%
Con 51%

Back