• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Taylor staying put

leighshrimper

Looks like Cort might be off again now. From the official Hull site.

Statement From The Chairman
Hull City Chairman Adam Pearson has issued the following statement regarding the situation of manager, Peter Taylor.
"Following recent press speculation surrounding the England Under 21 manager's position, I would just like to confirm that Peter Taylor will not be pursuing the opportunity to take up this post within the FA. 
"Peter is totally committed to his position as manager of Hull City and to fulfilling his present contractual commitments with the club. 
"Peter will now continue to focus on the continued development of the club leading up to the new season in Division Two."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (leighshrimper @ June 03 2004,16:47)]Looks like Cort might be off again now. From the official Hull site.

Statement From The Chairman
Hull City Chairman Adam Pearson has issued the following statement regarding the situation of manager, Peter Taylor.
"Following recent press speculation surrounding the England Under 21 manager's position, I would just like to confirm that Peter Taylor will not be pursuing the opportunity to take up this post within the FA.
"Peter is totally committed to his position as manager of Hull City and to fulfilling his present contractual commitments with the club.
"Peter will now continue to focus on the continued development of the club leading up to the new season in Division Two."
So in football terminology, this should mean Taylor is leaving tomorrow.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 03 2004,15:55)]So in football terminology, this should mean Taylor is leaving tomorrow.

biggrin.gif
Beat me to it OS!
biggrin.gif

Almost as convincing as the dreaded vote of confidence!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ June 03 2004,16:40)]f**k Cort we have got the Eagle back on the firm.
bring back Leo Roget excellent partnership with Edwards

The thing is, just because he decided to stay this time doesn't mean he won't leave next time someone offers him a job.

I don't believe he stayed for any loyalty reasons. I reckon it's because he didn't fancy the job and leaving league management again.

Given that Hull's Chairman let him talk to other people implies to me that he will again. Also, PT being prepared to talk to other people implies to me that he considers himself on the market.

Back