• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team & player of Euro 2008?

Sussex Shrimper

Manager
Player of the tournament for me was Senna, in my opinion probably the man the Spaniards would have found it hardest to cope without. Excellent in every game for them.

My team of the tournament:

Casillas

Zhirkov
Marchena
Simunic
Lahm

Arda Turan
Ballack
Senna
Sneijder

Arshavin
Villa

You could argue that Arshavin's inclusion is a bit generous, having had two good games and on anonymous one, but he's one of the players to really make a name for himself during the tournament and I can't think of too many stand out strikers. Van Nistelrooy was probably next in the pecking order for me.

My team:

Buffon

Aniukov
Ooijer
Puyol
Lahm

Silva
Sneijder
Senna
Robben

Van Nistelrooy
Torres

With Sniejder taking player of the tournament for me. Hard to leave Villa out, but Torres is just a menace, and Ruud made Holland what they were.

Player of the tournament for me was Senna, in my opinion probably the man the Spaniards would have found it hardest to cope without. Excellent in every game for them.

My team of the tournament:

Casillas

Zhirkov
Marchena
Simunic
Lahm

Arda Turan
Ballack
Senna
Sneijder

Arshavin
Villa

You could argue that Arshavin's inclusion is a bit generous, having had two good games and on anonymous one, but he's one of the players to really make a name for himself during the tournament and I can't think of too many stand out strikers. Van Nistelrooy was probably next in the pecking order for me.

I agree Senna was easily the Spaniards most important player, although its a bit off when the player of the European Championships is actually South American.

That looks a pretty good team and I wouldn't dispute much of it. I'd probably go Buffon over Casillas; and if Lahm is in, you are picking full-backs on the basis of their attacking play and aren't too concerned about their defensive shortcomings, in which case I want Grosso in. One of the Romanian full-backs impressed me as well, but I can't remember his name.

There's one player who cannot be ommited from any squad, and thats Pavyluchenko. He's been absolutely magnificent, and with Arshavin has seen the Russian's become the side everybody takes seriously.

GK - Boruc
RB - Anukov
LB - Zhirkov
CB - Ujafulsi
CB - Kovac, R
DMC - Aurelio
DMC - Senna
AMC - Sneijder
AMC - Ballack
AMC - Arshavin
FC - Villa

Back