• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team v.s Saints -

Yellow Army

Members
1. Flavs
3. Wilson
4. Hunt
15. Edwards
6. Barrett

16. Guttridge
8. Maher
9. Bentley
11. Petts

7. Gower
10. Gray

subs - Griemink, Goater, Cole, Smith, Prior

I don't think Goater will start, unless he feels he can do it, so Gower has played up front a few times for us. But if Goater starts then maybe petts will drop to the bench.

4-5-1
Flavs

Che
Hunt
Barret
Eagle

Petts
Gower
Guttridge
Maher
Bentley

Gray

Have Bentley coming forward to support gray, but we need to pack the midfield.

I honestly feel we need to play Smith even if its only for an hour, his touches and vision could be the differnce between going in half time drawing or maybe even a goal up.

Jay is one of the few players that will cut it in the Championship against teams like Southampton so deserves his place, would also like to see Prior back if fit, but would be harsh on Eagle who has done little wrong.

Would have loved to see Crouch still there playing against Flavs
biggrin.gif

b******s to this one up front business
oops.gif
:

Flahavan

Hunt
Prior
Barrett
Wilson

Pettefer
Maher
Guttridge
Cole

Goater
Gray

Subs: Griemink, Gower, Lawson, Edwards, Bentley

My thinking:

Gower and Edwards are 2 players who IMHO could massively struggle with playing 2 games in such a short space of time. We can't go into it playing 1 up front because we won't be able to keep hold of the ball whatsoever and it'll keep coming back. I'd have Lawson on the bench over Smith for the plain and simple reason that he could do a job up front if Goater's knackered after 70 minutes.

One thing that's clear though, we desperately need this elusive fourth striker.

Of course if we hadn't have let Tes go.................

oops.gif
tounge.gif

as its a cup game I would like to see cole given another run out on the left, with maher and bentley in the middle and petts out right, petts defensive qualities will be needed against a team with superior quaility, this will also allow gower to make sure he doesnt pick up injuries considering the game is only 2 days after the huddersfield game.

play with an attacking 11, i.e. include cole and goater, put prior at the back, and see if somehow we can break through the saints defence

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Aug. 21 2005,19:31)]Subs: Griemink, Gower, Lawson, Edwards, Bentley

My thinking:

Gower and Edwards are 2 players who IMHO could massively struggle with playing 2 games in such a short space of time.
not a Gower fan then.

Got nothing to do with being a fan, it's just Edwards is quite old and Gower is known to be quite unfit, that's why playing both of them again 48 hours after a tough game with 10 men may not be beneficial for club nor player.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 21 2005,20:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Aug. 21 2005,19:31)]Subs: Griemink, Gower, Lawson, Edwards, Bentley

My thinking:

Gower and Edwards are 2 players who IMHO could massively struggle with playing 2 games in such a short space of time.
not a Gower fan then.
It's not a case of being a Gower fan or not. Quite simply most of the time he struggles to get through 90 minutes, so for him to start 2 games in 2 days would be a big gamble. I like him as a player, but he's just not fit enough.

Gower has looked a lot fitter from what I have seen so far though. Seems a lot hungrier for the ball and getting back to the stage where he had confidence in his ability.

Flahavan

Wilson
Edwards
Barrett
Hunt

Gower
Smith
Maher
Pettefer

Goater
Gray

Lawson will probably come off the bench when Goater gets knackered.... Bentley, Griemink, Prior and Cole other subs

I'd quite like to see Cole given a run out. If we can get him used to the cameras now, he'll have no problems when we contest the annual "Southend V" LDV final.

Flavs

Hunt
Wilson
Barrett
Edwards

Pettefer
Maher
Guttridge
Cole

Smith

Gray

Its too soon for the Goat, especially with two massive league matches next weekend. So that leaves Gray up top and Jay Smith playing just off of him. If Jay isn't fit enough yet then it wouldn't surprise me to see Tilly throw Lawson in.

In midfield, I think its a great chance to bring Cole back in. Gower was great yesterday, IMO, but he's another who we need fresh for Scunny and Col Ewe.

At the back Hunt slots in in place of Jupp. and Edwards deserves a run in the side now regardless of whether Prior is fit or not. I thought Eagle was immense against Huddersfield. Far better than AB.

Back