• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Teething Problems

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
Hi all

As you're probably aware, we went live in record time due to the problems with the old board after we were hacked.

Now we're up and running with the new boards we shouldnt suffer from those problems again.

However, there are loads of settings that we will need to adjust to make sure we all have the kind of experience we want on ShrimperZone. Some of you have reported that your posts are being moderated at the moment - I'll look into that, as its not by design I assure you. We will be able to turn that off. Also, some have said that the PM function doesnt seem to be working yet. Again, I'll look into that. The same goes for other issues - including the 'look and feel' of the boards - I think we can improve on what are currently not far off the default settings.

However, I'd ask you to bear with me for a few days - I'll be at Roots Hall tomorrow for a start :cool: so unlikely to get too much done - and also I'm as new to vbulletin as you are, and the control panel is a lot more complex than the ikonboard one was - so finding the settings/options is to some extent trial and error.

Please be patient and I hope that over the next few days we'll evolve to a board that we can all enjoy for the foreseeable future.

:)

Cheers
Spiff

I'll say ... that I'm a boring old git who's spent too much time in the sun and will complain regardless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

As you're probably aware, we went live in record time due to the problems with the old board after we were hacked.

Now we're up and running with the new boards we shouldnt suffer from those problems again.

However, there are loads of settings that we will need to adjust to make sure we all have the kind of experience we want on ShrimperZone. Some of you have reported that your posts are being moderated at the moment - I'll look into that, as its not by design I assure you. We will be able to turn that off. Also, some have said that the PM function doesnt seem to be working yet. Again, I'll look into that. The same goes for other issues - including the 'look and feel' of the boards - I think we can improve on what are currently not far off the default settings.

However, I'd ask you to bear with me for a few days - I'll be at Roots Hall tomorrow for a start :cool: so unlikely to get too much done - and also I'm as new to vbulletin as you are, and the control panel is a lot more complex than the ikonboard one was - so finding the settings/options is to some extent trial and error.

Please be patient and I hope that over the next few days we'll evolve to a board that we can all enjoy for the foreseeable future.

:)

Cheers
Spiff

An excellent idea. Wouldn't catch me moaning about change!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather use InvisionFree. Know that forum software like the back of my hand and have never had any problems on it. MUCH MUCH MUCH better than VB.

The only reason I'm using this software, is because its being used on this forum. If this wasn't a southend board, I wouldn't come back, I assure you....

I'll say ... that I'm a boring old git who's spent too much time in the sun and will complain regardless!

I'd rather do that than be a sad Scottish git who has nothing better to do than edit people's posts ...;)

I'd rather do that than be a sad Scottish git who has nothing better to do than edit people's posts ...;)

Good point about the editing... I'll have to put a stop to that! ;)

However, time to go to the Spread so it'll keep till later.

Be good, play nicely and dont break anything! :p :D

Back