• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tell us about yourself - an open invite

Great first post Ivan, now you have broken the ice, do join in.

As an Exile you are formally invited to join the Shrimpers Exiles section here

Well, I’ve been reading the forums for a bit now in order to stay on top of things, but on this red letter day (yes, an away win is cause for some celebration) I thought I’d introduce myself. I lived in Southend as a child in the 70’s and visited Roots Hall often, in the youth section right by where the team came out. 50p I think it was. Saw some memorable games, including that one against Liverpool (still have the programme!). Dragged kicking and screaming to Canada at the end of the decade and lost touch, mostly. The internet changed all that so I’ve been with you all through the ups and downs for a couple of decades (and have even made it to a few matches when in England). Glad to see the spirit, support, and gallows humour has survived the turbulence. I’m certainly feeling the same shaky optimism that carries me through each season, for which I’m occasionally rewarded.
Funny, I used to be friendly with someone who left Southend for Canada around that time too.

Funny, I used to be friendly with someone who left Southend for Canada around that time too.
The UK was struggling at the time. Easy immigration and plentiful jobs awaited, but absolutely no football. That has all changed: difficult to immigrate, good jobs thin on the ground, but soccer is everywhere.

This is an open invite to our new posters who have joined since the re-launch of ShrimperZone. Why not post a few lines on here telling us a bit more about you as a Southend fan. You don't need to produce a work of art (that would be almost impossible on the Zone). Go on, give it a go.
Grimsby fan here in peace. We were relegated with you in 20/21. Horrible season under Ian Holloway.

We surprised even the most optimistic mariners fans by bouncing back through the play offs at the first attempt. We have brilliant new owners who are shrewd business men but true mariners fans first.

I am a mariners season ticket holder and share your pain having spent a six year spell in the national league between 2010 and 2016.

I remember a visit for a Friday night game at Roots Hall many years ago probably the 1970's. You beat us 3 0.

I hope you have a good season and it would great to see you back in the EFL very soon.

Grimsby fan here in peace. We were relegated with you in 20/21. Horrible season under Ian Holloway.

We surprised even the most optimistic mariners fans by bouncing back through the play offs at the first attempt. We have brilliant new owners who are shrewd business men but true mariners fans first.

I am a mariners season ticket holder and share your pain having spent a six year spell in the national league between 2010 and 2016.

I remember a visit for a Friday night game at Roots Hall many years ago probably the 1970's. You beat us 3 0.

I hope you have a good season and it would great to see you back in the EFL very soon.
Cheers Buddy, good to hear that things are going well and ownership is not an issue for you. Any chance your owners would think about going for dual ownership and buy a 2nd home in Southend? (just thinking out loud you understand).

I think it may be a season or two before we ply our trade in the Football league again, but you never know. Good luck for the rest of the season, and remember, the sheep up at Colchester are there, ripe for shearing, which in our league absence, we would happy for you to oblige on our behalf.

This is an open invite to our new posters who have joined since the re-launch of ShrimperZone. Why not post a few lines on here telling us a bit more about you as a Southend fan. You don't need to produce a work of art (that would be almost impossible on the Zone). Go on, give it a go.
Hi Scunny fan here and just wanted to show some support to you in these difficult times for your club and supporters, we at Scunny have just come out of the nightmare that was Peter Swann! It was 4years of shear hell with embargo’s, selling players, underinvestment, fans getting banning orders for speaking out the list goes on and on.

all you can do is stay strong, stay United, stay positive and ultimately although it really is against all your thoughts for the club is to hit the owner where it hurts most (in the pocket) by staying away from games, this is the one that hurts the most but it will work in the end.

football is a life and love and it breaks your heart to see and hear all the negative things happening, but trust me the feeling when get new owners is unbelievable so as I said stay strong, stay United, stay positive and the dark days will go.

Good luck and hopefully see loads of you Glanford Park

Back