• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Terry Alderton

Clarky_Blues

Manager
Terry Alderton is currently appearing in the above programme.  Everything he is wearing seems to be SUFC related.  Tracksuit, training tops and this seasons home shirt. I have seem him at a few games in the past.

He used to play for us in net!

You just beat me to posting. Great to see him wearing the home shirt
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hockley_Blues @ Oct. 03 2004,22:10)]You just beat me to posting. Great to see him wearing the home shirt
smile.gif
Isn't Stan the Man wearing the colours too? Disgraceful!

tounge.gif

Terry is getting his training shirt signed for us by the whole of the match team celebs and former pro's and we will be auctioning it online.

Terry seems more comitted then Bosnich, Terry for the no.1 shirt!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clarky_Blues @ Oct. 03 2004,22:15)]Where's Stan wearing the colours?
On the "So called" reality prog The Farm on 5 (picture in the Record of Stan giving Rebecca Loos a massage)
sad.gif

(Mike, can we get a "vomit" smiley?)

biggrin.gif

Great to see our away shirt on the box come on terry at least he cant be placed on the bench .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clarky_Blues @ Oct. 03 2004,22:06)]Terry Alderton is currently appearing in the above programme.  Everything he is wearing seems to be SUFC related.  Tracksuit, training tops and this seasons home shirt.  I have seem him at a few games in the past.

He used to play for us in net!
I take it you didn't see the MY FC programme a few years ago, in which Terry Alderton recorded his love of the Shrimpers over a few weeks during the 1999/2000 season; it included the 2-1 home win over Swansea City and the 1-2 defeat at Leyton Orient, the infamous match in which those bunheads at Birdbrain Road sold too many tickets for the away seats. IIRC they were shown in the wrong order for some reason. It also had Alderton training with the team (under the beady eyes of Alan Little and Mick Gooding) and it was conclusively proved that he was a very poor keeper by any standards (and this can be substantiated at any MTBD celebrity match!)

I've seen him a few times, especially on away trips. Last time was Exeter about three years ago; he was arguing with a steward about something. I don't particularly find the guy funny at all but I can't deny that he does his utmost to raise the profile of the club when he can. The biggest cheer came one New Year's Eve on TV when he subjected us to an unfunny set but finished off with a very loud "UP THE SHRIMPERS!" which sparked plenty of applause in our household. His comedy didn't, though ...

WS

As long as Stan 'the perve-too much baggage, dogging, beat up ya girlfriend' Collymore aint got the the badge on, on tv, I'll be happy.

I don't care what Stan says or does, he was one of the best players I've seen play for us.

Oh and this was on the Sky One website:

Name: Terry Alderton
Team: Southend United
Date of Birth: 31/10/71
Nationality: British
Off the pitch: Regular in London's Burning/Comedian/Actor
Footballing Highlight: Playing professional football for Southend United

Biography

Comic/Actor Terry Alderton may prove a valuable member of The Celebs squad having attracted a professional club in his youth; Terry turned out for Southend United as a goalkeeper in his teens.
Terry also hosted a football and music-based show on Capital Radio called Terry's Turnstiles and played a number of games raising money for Comic Relief. Still a keen Shrimpers' fan he also filmed a TV documentary about Southend United (MYFC).

My FC is a top, top programme... got a copy of it on video (not least 'cos there's a shot of me singing at Birdbrain Road...)

tounge.gif

Terry is still a Shrimpers' nutter as well. I chatted to him last season at Macc Town... it's fair to say that Moss Rose is hardly the venue for fairweather supporters, especially with some of the biblical storms I've endured on that away terrace in the past...

wow.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 04 2004,14:11)]Name:  Terry Alderton
Footballing Highlight:  Playing professional football for Southend United
errrm ... is that not complete and utter b******s?!

The only "Alderton" to have played professional football for Southend United - at least first team football - was Rio Alderton in 2002 ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Oct. 04 2004,13:38)]professional football for Southend United - Rio Alderton in 2002 ...

WS
If that's what you want to call it....

ghostface.gif

well if bents does not get his red card overturned he could be our reserve reserve reserve keeper !
biggrin.gif

Back