• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Nice one Phil,

442 and playing nice stuff on the deck,quick interplay with Noel pivotal in everything,Lenny was the Lenny of old spraying it about and without the shackles,He looked good.

Everyone put in a shift.

Phil,just continue with this and no more fannying with the dopey one up top.

Great stuff all round.

titleshould read what we want,poxy iPad .

Actually I thought Lenny looked out of his depth and lacked composure. Hunt is quality and I think is going to prove you wrong this season.

My only concern is that we should have been out of sight by the time they scored as a result of spurned chances by both Hunt and Mooney, but you can't knock their positioning and determination. Piggott needs to go back to L2.

The manager won us promotion 3 months ago. Whilst I'm skeptical about some things - different things to you - I'm not about to tell him how to do his job.

Leonard's long range passing was excellent today. He was immense

Totally agree, he was picking passes and making it look easy. He was also excellent defensively. So what if his long range shooting was a bit off, we moan when people don't have a go, and then we moan when they do. He scored a couple of corkers from distance last season so I am more than happy for him to continue "having a go".

That was an immense performance by Ryan Leonard today. He was everywhere....he got so many important blocks and tackles in. His passing was much improved today as well. He never hides and will always show for the ball at throw ins in tight areas. The criticism of him by some posters on here baffles me.

Leonard was very good. Breaks things up and gives us legs in midfield. Would like to see him play alongside a cultured CM in the Maher/ Moussa mould, but that kind of player is not really PB's thing. Really enjoyed it today though should have won 4-0 really.

Hunt, Leonard & Timlin were colossal today. And although Mooney missed some chances I was impressed by his link-up with Hunt and once he bags a couple from open play to boost his confidence I can see them both scoring regularly. They look a very clever pairing and hopefully Phil will stick with 4-4-2, it's the formation most of us wanted to see.

A mention for Wordsworth too, for someone with a reputation of being a bit lazy sometimes he put in a real shift and had a very good game. But no-one had a bad one today, a real top quality hard-working team performance.

PS That Mooney through ball for Hunt in the second half was Messi-like.

Hunt, Leonard & Timlin were colossal today. And although Mooney missed some chances I was impressed by his link-up with Hunt and once he bags a couple from open play to boost his confidence I can see them both scoring regularly. They look a very clever pairing and hopefully Phil will stick with 4-4-2, it's the formation most of us wanted to see.

A mention for Wordsworth too, for someone with a reputation of being a bit lazy sometimes he put in a real shift and had a very good game. But no-one had a bad one today, a real top quality hard-working team performance.

PS That Mooney through ball for Hunt in the second half was Messi-like.

Funny how we all see the game differently, myself and many around me thought he was pantz today, took many wrong passing decisions and was too slow.

The manager won us promotion 3 months ago. Whilst I'm skeptical about some things - different things to you - I'm not about to tell him how to do his job.

You can tell him on this site, but does it really make a difference, he picks the team and that's it, but it is good fun

Funny how we all see the game differently, myself and many around me thought he was pantz today, took many wrong passing decisions and was too slow.

Some of his passing was a bit odd. At one point in the second half, he could have played a slide rule pass into Mooney but chose to pass it wide. That said, he was up and down the pitch today, defending and attacking. Much better performance than the last time I saw him play

Some of his passing was a bit odd. At one point in the second half, he could have played a slide rule pass into Mooney but chose to pass it wide. That said, he was up and down the pitch today, defending and attacking. Much better performance than the last time I saw him play

He probably saw who was unmarked and thought "he cannot score for toffee"

Totally this. I am amazed by the amount of people that moan about Lenny. Passing always good long range, has a great shot at times, works hard, fast over the ground. I see him as pivotal in the success we have had as anyone.

I wouldn't say Worsworth is pants far from it, but, I do get the impression he is a bit of a luxury at times. He seems very good in the ball and like Lenny yesterday his long range passing was excellent, he also played some lovely balls into the feet of the strikers. However, he is not a real work rate sort of player certainly not as paced as some others. But I do like him at times he oozes class on the ball and never panics. Think PB has a really good balance to the side now, particularly midfielder.

He probably saw who was unmarked and thought "he cannot score for toffee"

Mooney had a very good game yesterday and IMO is an upgrade on Corr ( who I liked ).
Stop having sly digs at any striker who isn't Williams , it's getting tedious now beyond the extreme.
Pigott ( and possibly Williams ) may be ones for the future , but in terms of movement , link up play , work rate etc , the pair of them need to study Hunt and Mooney and work harder.
Yes Mooney missed some chances , but he made the first goal brilliantly and put Hunt in for he chance of the game with a great ball.
He also holds the ball up well and allows Lenny , Timlin and Wordsworth to come on to the ball.
Play another song please ....

Back