• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That Watford Feeling

Southend Elvis

First XI
I wonder who else is getting that same feeling that Watford must having at the moment, that we're only here for a visit.
The Drop is starting to look ominous, do you think RM doesn't want to over spend on contracts, the way we did the last time we were up in this division. Our team seems lifeless, no spark, no one that you think, when he comes on we'll be alright.
I hope this feeling goes away, but I think every option has now been tried on the pitch, and without new blood I can't see that happening.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend Elvis @ Oct. 29 2006,08:20)]Our team seems lifeless, no spark, no one that you think, when he comes on we'll be alright.
Oh my God! We sounded anything but lifeless yesterday... and my interpretation of what I heard is supported by the opinions of those that were at the game... and not just SUFC fans.

I am not wearing rose tinted specs, by the way. I am also concerned, furstrated... even angry at what has been happening... but credit where credit's due.

Lifeless? Yesterday? I think not.

4 points from 10 games...that's Sunderland-last-season-esque.

If we go down I at least hope we do so with a fight! If RM can say "Well I spent £3 million on 4 new players" then fair enough, we'll be better equipped nex time.

So Come On Blues, it's nothing that 10 straight wins won't cure!
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 29 2006,07:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend Elvis @ Oct. 29 2006,08:20)]Our team seems lifeless, no spark, no one that you think, when he comes on we'll be alright.
Oh my God! We sounded anything but lifeless yesterday... and my interpretation of what I heard is supported by the opinions of those that were at the game... and not just SUFC fans.

I am not wearing rose tinted specs, by the way. I am also concerned, furstrated... even angry at what has been happening... but credit where credit's due.

Lifeless? Yesterday? I think not.
Lifeless, meaning no hope, thats what I was getting at. We can try as hard as we like, but if you don't get points your stuffed. You don't get points for effort

We're almost one-third into the season - with 10 points. On that form, we're looking at finishing with the worst tally since Rotherham United in 2005. That is cause for concern at the moment. Bad luck is, well, bad luck. But the stats speak for themselves: we haven't won in the Football League since mid-August. That's almost two-and-half months since a victory. I think the last time we went through such a bad spell was back in the Worrying Wignall days in 2003 when we were sitting in 23rd spot in Division Three. We eventually finished in 17th spot thanks to a change of management. Who took over? A certain Steve Tilson ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 29 2006,12:33)]I think the last time we went through such a bad spell was back in the Worrying Wignall days in 2003 when we were sitting in 23rd spot in Division Three. We eventually finished in 17th spot thanks to a change of management. Who took over? A certain Steve Tilson ...
Are you saying that Wignall should now take over again to see if the same thing happens?
biggrin.gif

Both very correct observations!

laugh.gif

What I think I'm trying to say is that we've been in this position before not so long ago (albeit at a lower level) and we have got out of trouble in the end, with Tilson taking over the reins after David Webb IV and steadying the ship quite adequately with the minimum of investment. I think we should give him the chance to do it again (I think most people will) but what I also think we need to see are more aggressive attempts to halt the slide. Players like Jay Smith have been sitting around during the opening months of the season and haven't had the chance to claim a place; they must be chomping at the bit to step in and try to put things right but, for whatever reason, they have not been given that opportunity. I know we have a very small squad - and we're paying for that just at the moment - but surely there are one or two alternative options that can be pursued to try and resolve the situation?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GodblessArthurRowley @ Oct. 29 2006,12:44)]Or are you saying that we should sack Steve Tilson and replace him with Steve Tilson. I like the sound of that.
Tilson is dead! Long live Tilson!

lol. I agree with the topic. We just arnt putting the ball in the back of the net in the league enough. Plus we are conceeding goals way to easily which if that carries on will see us down and out around march time. I heard the bbc report just before there first goal went in and he mentioned AB and ES were keeping us in the game which sounded encouraging as thats where the problems have been recently. One second later he was reporting bad defensive play by AB and hammell caused there goal.

I still think we can turn it around. Starting with three points from hull.

Also watford have played well this season, I think they will just survive when they get a few wins under there belt. Robbed of a win yesterday and on another few ocasions.

If we win on tuesday we'll (probably) be out of the relegation zone.

Yeah, we're not getting points on the board at the moment, but theres several teams in the same boat and its far too early in the season to be throwing the towel in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Oct. 29 2006,14:06)]If we win on tuesday we'll (probably) be out of the relegation zone.

Yeah, we're not getting points on the board at the moment, but theres several teams in the same boat and its far too early in the season to be throwing the towel in.
That's it. We only need to end the season in that 21st spot and we'll be laughing. At the moment, we're only two places and three points off it.

The good thing about the bottom of the league is that a couple of decent results can make a real difference as (usually) everyone else is losing games as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonesy tap-in @ Oct. 29 2006,14:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Oct. 29 2006,14:06)]If we win on tuesday we'll (probably) be out of the relegation zone.

That's it. We only need to end the season in that 21st spot and we'll be laughing. At the moment, we're only two places and three points off it.

The good thing about the bottom of the league is that a couple of decent results can make a real difference as (usually) everyone else is losing games as well.
A win on Tuesday, a draw at Wolves and a 3-1 victory against Man U and things will be very different.

Back