• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I know it's long been the target of the club to achieve an average gate of around 8k.

I think this seasons average is around 7k.

With the team flying high and the enjoyment value at roots hall high at the moment, is it possible to achieve an 8k average this season.

I'm sure the Bolton game will be a sell out. Maybe the club could do a few more promotions for the lesser games.

Also if your a season card holder don't forget you can bring 2 friends to a a game of your choice for free.

I know it's long been the target of the club to achieve an average gate of around 8k.

I think this seasons average is around 7k.

With the team flying high and the enjoyment value at roots hall high at the moment, is it possible to achieve an 8k average this season.

I'm sure the Bolton game will be a sell out. Maybe the club could do a few more promotions for the lesser games.

Of course it isn't. (Even if Bolton were to be a sell-out, which for a mid-week, re-arranged fixture is not going to happen).

If averaging 7,000 after 17 games, we would need to average nearly 11,000 from the last 6 matches to achieve that !!

We are in 10th place in the average home crowds at the moment. We can't get any higher as there is a massive gap to Oxford in 9th place who's average is an impressive 8,503.
We are about 400 ahead of Swindon in 11th place so won't go any lower either.

I still havn't got a complete list of away averages for League 1. Has anyone got a link to a website?

I've got a spreadsheet. The average this season so far is 7108. The average at this point last season was 6887 and it was 7001, as undercovershrimper says, over the whole season.

Not sure how up to date these stats are but if they are correct the current average is 7026 up from last season's 7001

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/GB3/saison_id/2016/plus/1

I've got a spreadsheet. The average this season so far is 7108. The average at this point last season was 6887 and it was 7001, as undercovershrimper says, over the whole season.
Either way, with performances much improved this season, it doesn't say much for our marketing department.

Of course it isn't. (Even if Bolton were to be a sell-out, which for a mid-week, re-arranged fixture is not going to happen).

If averaging 7,000 after 17 games, we would need to average nearly 11,000 from the last 6 matches to achieve that !!

Really. That many! I would have thought crowds above 8k with a couple of well marketed sell outs would do the trick lol

Really. That many! I would have thought crowds above 8k with a couple of well marketed sell outs would do the trick lol

Simple mathmatics; with an average of 7,000, we're 17,000 down from an average of 8,000 after 17 games. To make up that 17,000 in just 6 matches means an extra 2,833 on top of the base of 8,000 for each of our last 6 games requiring 6 attendances averaging 10,833. Think that's a shade beyond their marketing capabilities !

to average 8001 over 23 games a total of 184023 is needed
We currently (according to the site mentioned earlier+ Saturdays attendance ) 120,834 in 16 , which means we need 63,189 in the next 6 or 10,532 for each of the next 6 games (not counting playoffs).

to average 8001 over 23 games a total of 184023 is needed
We currently (according to the site mentioned earlier+ Saturdays attendance ) 120,834 in 16 , which means we need 63,189 in the next 6 or 10,532 for each of the next 6 games (not counting playoffs).

Does the Wembley play-of final count as a home game?

We are in 10th place in the average home crowds at the moment. We can't get any higher as there is a massive gap to Oxford in 9th place who's average is an impressive 8,503.
We are about 400 ahead of Swindon in 11th place so won't go any lower either.

I still haven't got a complete list of away averages for League 1. Has anyone got a link to a website?

Now that would make interesting reading :thumbsup:

It's not completely up to date (from the beginning of February)

lg%201%20away_zpsnv4uvjze.png

Back